Non-current HD customers - 622 upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cherk543

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Ok, what was the deal? I talked to a few CSRs and they all say I need to wait until April 1st before I move to the 622. If the deal is going stay the same why would they suggest I wait? I called a local installer and they told me the same thing. I asked what the current deal is for current non-HD customers and they said, "you should wait until April 1st. The upfront cost is going to change for everyone." I am confused.....

cherk543 said:
If the deal is going stay the same why would they suggest I wait?

Because they're idiots.

If you are lucky to get a CSR to only charge you $99 then you were able to get away with it. But the odds of that happening are slim, because CSRs are only allowed to charge $299 for everybody. No one can pay $99 upfront, they'll get a $200 credit when dish gets a 921 or 942 receiver and the CSRs are not in control of that

They may not be idiots, they may only be overwhelmed by all of the vast number of offers Dish has out there for SD, HD, commercial, DVR, non-DVR, existing customers, new customers, DishClub, and so forth. Then between all of this confusion, we are talking about high-turnover rate call center staff.

But otherwise I agree with BFG, even if a CSR tells you that you will get the rebate, that is no guarantee that you will. And how will you prove that they committed to give you one? In the end that rebate will be triggered by the return of a 921 or 942. If you don't send one in, then odds are very low you will ever see a $200 credit on your bill.

Better Question then

Am I the only one that has been told that a deal for non-current HD customers is coming April 1st? I have been told this by not only Dish but a reseller of Dish. I only called to see what pricing would be for upgrading to HD and they offered the information about April 1st. If the deal were to stay the same woundn't they just sign me up? Why make me wait for nothing??

cherk543 said:
...If the deal were to stay the same woundn't they just sign me up? Why make me wait for nothing??
In the last Charlie Chat ... yawn .... he mentioned that the 622 is in short supply and the April 1st $200 credit is incentive to wait until their supply improves.

I recently purchased a used 921 from a guy who didn't want to wait till April 1st to get his 622.

Also, when I called Tech Support (to get a replacement after it died), he said that only previous HD Pack customers would get the $200 rebate offer.

brettbolt said:
Also, when I called Tech Support (to get a replacement after it died), he said that only previous HD Pack customers would get the $200 rebate offer.

...and that would be HD Pack customers that also had a HD DVR (not just a receiver) --correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts