Non-extended LOTR coming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, this is a step in the right direction at least. A lot of people have been eagerly anticipating LotR on Blu-Ray for a while, myself included.

Fans probably want the extended versions, but I bet people will buy it twice. Back in the laserdisc days, I know people who bought Episode 4 a total of 5 times.

I enjoy the movie for what it is, but I personally am not a fanatic. The standard cuts already border on being too long, especially RoTK.

That movie built to a climax and then resolved into an ending. And then another ending. They ended that film six times for another 40 minutes. It got old to me. In the screenwriting classes I have audited, they taught that you hit the climax and then get out as quickly as possible. Always within 5-10 minutes. RoTK climaxed when Frodo threw the ring.

Blu-ray could handle showing both versions. They wouldn't even need to have both completely recorded, as they can have the common scenes shared.

I think I'll give this one a pass. My wife loves it, so maybe I'll get it anyway- but if I don't tell her it's available, maybe she won't notice.

Way too long and repetitious. Can't imagine how long an extended would be.

Yea, but it was the last film. They had to finish alot of things off.

And they still skipped a large part of the ending of the books (the whole return to the Shire and the fight with the white wizard). That could have been another 40 mins.

Extended versions for me as well when available. Maybe someday not too far off there will even be a 4-disk set including The Hobbit ??

I'll wait too...........
Tom Bombadil was left out of the trilogy. Some other stuff too, that I can't remember at the moment. I would have loved it if each of the movies had been a couple of hours longer. :D

navychop said:
Can't imagine how long an extended would be.
The three extended editions totaled a little over 12 hrs.
There was several hrs. of extras too, which were great.

I'm sure a lot of stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, even with the extended version, because I saw an extended version of LOTR:FOTR once on Starz (before it went HD) that had some scenes that aren't in the extended DVD version and so I'm figuring there are at least three cuts of the first film floating around, and who knows, maybe extra-extended versions of the other two films as well...however, I don't think I'd like to see a 15-hour version of the trilogy. The eye-strain would be a killer after awhile. ;)

I think I will hold out for the extended version. It is different at home when you can pause it and take a break. The movies were pushing the length limits for theaters without an intermission.

I am a huge fan of the movies, but I honestly think they pushed past the length of limits for theaters without an intermission (especially the last one). I know that I would have been a lot more comfortable with a quick break. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts