Note to Viacom and Dish Network!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
HEY VIACOM AND DISH NETWORK
thebird.jpg

STOP MONKEYING AROUND!!

We want our MTV, our MTV2, our TV Land, our Comedy Central, our VH-1, our VH-1 Classics, Our Nickelodion, our BET, our CBS Network etc...

What are you going to tell the kids when they can't watch Sponge Bob?

Here's what this kid is gonna say to you if its not on!
thebird2.jpg

Two wrongs don't make a right!
GET THE DEAL DONE!

GET THE HINT?
thebird3.jpg

Always remember all the choices we have to choose from besides Dish Network. Some of the choices are DirecTV, Voom, Cable, DVD, VCR, Over the Air, Radio, CD, Internet and simply spending more time talking with our family, friends and relatives. :)

Jeffdbs said:
Always remember all the choices we have to choose from besides Dish Network. Some of the choices are DirecTV, Voom, Cable, DVD, VCR, Over the Air, Radio, CD, Internet and simply spending more time talking with our family, friends and relatives. :)
Always remember that many people are locked in contracts. TO break the contracts means a large payment for the privilidge of leaving.

Also remember we pay our Dish Network bills IN ADVANCE. So if Viacom channels are taken away they are taking away something we already paid for.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Always remember that many people are locked in contracts. TO break the contracts means a large payment for the privilidge of leaving.

Also remember we pay our Dish Network bills IN ADVANCE. So if Viacom channels are taken away they are taking away something we already paid for.

I see your point. Just hoping Dish Network understands that all of us loyal Dish Network viewers do have choices. By the way if no agreement is reached between Dish Network and Viacom will our bill from Dish Network be reduced starting from the first day Viacom channels are dropped?

Wonder why Dish network is taking them to court?

When Viacom writes things like this:

New York, NY, November 4, 2003 -- Viacom (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) issued the following statement today following the FCC adoption of ‘Broadcast Flag’ rules preventing the unauthorized redistribution of broadcast content over the internet:

‘Today's decision by the FCC is an historic step forward for consumers. By mandating broadcast flag technology in devices equipped to receive digital broadcast television, the Commission has resolved to protect broadcast content and ensure that Americans will continue to receive free, high quality programming in the digital age.’

Translation: We don't want people seeing our things for free so they can keep seeing free things.

Why would you believe things like this:

New York, New York, January 22, 2004 – Following is a statement issued by Viacom today:

‘We are pleased that the Court granted our request in the EchoStar matter to extend the preliminary injunction hearing to the end of February and the TRO to March 3. We are confident in our legal position. However, we continue to believe this is a dispute that belongs at the negotiating table, not the courtroom—and the extension that we requested will ensure that no football fan is denied the opportunity to watch the Super Bowl on CBS.

‘Our priority is reaching our viewers and making sure that they get the channels they love no matter how they choose to receive them. We put a very fair offer on the table a week ago and have had no response from EchoStar, which continues to show more concern with legal maneuvers than providing more choice to their subscribers. We've been able to complete deals with every major distributor. We remain hopeful that, despite its unproductive negotiating tactics, EchoStar will put its customers first and come back to the table.’

Tell them where to stick their rate increases Dish Network. What are we paying for anyways, a Superbowl broadcast that has resulted in the right wing censoring everything we see and hear (Howard Stern for instance), MTV and VH1 (music channels completely devoid of music), Comedy Central that hasn't shown a new episode of anything in months, and Spike TV (Blind Date around the clock). We aren't getting value for money now and you want to raise our rates?!?! I'll just wait for my South Park and Sealab 2021 to come out on DVD.

Scott, I feel your pain. The only good things that hopefully could come out of this are a legally mandated separation of contracts for broadcast signals and cable networks, and a favorable revision and reauthorization of the SHVIA. My kids like Spongebob too, but I also have the TV remote. If my kids start whining about the loss of Nickelodeon I can just shut the TV off until they stop.

The only "compelling" programming offered by Viacom is CBS. Since, thanks to my 811, I can get CBS DT & HDTV OTA, I won't miss Viacom if they leave.

I have the 120 package. If Viacom leaves, I guess I'm stuck looking through over 100 channels to find something to watch. Yes, we have plenty of choices and we don't even have to dump E* to exercise them. I'm guessing those most upset w/ the prospect of losing Viacom are also those who will scream the loudest when their E* bill goes up after a Viacom agreement. Just my 2 cents!

Jeffdbs said:
How about reading a good book? My mind's eye provides some awesome HD!!! No commercials either!
Screw Viacom!!!!

I dont think that the Viacom channels would remain off for a long period of time but if they did, they better not even think about raising the price unless they add some very good content to replace them with.

Dish's excuse next year for the price increase will be the Viacom stations (perhaps Turner stations as well depending on when that extension ends and if those stay on as well).

Stargazer said:
I dont think that the Viacom channels would remain off for a long period of time but if they did, they better not even think about raising the price unless they add some very good content to replace them with.

Dish's excuse next year for the price increase will be the Viacom stations (perhaps Turner stations as well depending on when that extension ends and if those stay on as well).

Out of the current Viacom channels I only watch TVLand, Comedy Channel and Nick sometimes (usually when my kids come to visit -youngest is 25 and they like SpongeBob). The rest can go---I for one would not miss the Viacom channels as there are others we could use the bandwith for--such as the new 480p-Widescreens coming from Sci-Fi, USA and FX this spring and summer!

And as for CBS--doesn't the FCC require that E* carries CBS locals? So--how does that work if the satellite provider wants to provide the local stations and the program provider will not let them? Does the FCC step in?

Lol, i was watching comedy central, about an hour ago they blacked out the message, but I just saw it again, and it wasnt blacked out. I guess they didnt want to pay the lacky overtime to hit the blackout bar button.... or he was on the can.

Many of the channels that would "disappear", I would never miss. while I am sure that some would disagree, some perhaps even vehemently.

Some of the MTV Channels have disgusting programs that I've locked the channels, so my Children won't see that trash.. Comedy Central doesn't have all that much comedy that I personally find funny.. Even some of the programming on Nick makes me wonder what these people are thinking, is there no such thing as intelligently done humor any more?

I'll even go as far to say that the pictures Scott Posted to make this point are in poor taste. I think he could have made the point without the pictures or in some other way.. I would like to see something get done, if for nothing else than to stop the over the top discussion of this issue.

Many of the channels that would "disappear", I would never miss. while I am sure that some would disagree, some perhaps even vehemently.

Some of the MTV Channels have disgusting programs that I've locked the channels, so my Children won't see that trash.. Comedy Central doesn't have all that much comedy that I personally find funny.. Even some of the programming on Nick makes me wonder what these people are thinking, is there no such thing as intelligently done humor any more?

I'll even go as far to say that the pictures Scott Posted to make this point are in poor taste. I think he could have made the point without the pictures or in some other way.. I would like to see something get done, if for nothing else than to stop the over the top discussion of this issue.

Completely agree.

itsmiami said:
When Viacom writes things like this:

New York, NY, November 4, 2003 -- Viacom (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) issued the following statement today following the FCC adoption of ‘Broadcast Flag’ rules preventing the unauthorized redistribution of broadcast content over the internet:

‘Today's decision by the FCC is an historic step forward for consumers. By mandating broadcast flag technology in devices equipped to receive digital broadcast television, the Commission has resolved to protect broadcast content and ensure that Americans will continue to receive free, high quality programming in the digital age.’

Translation: We don't want people seeing our things for free so they can keep seeing free things.

Why would you believe things like this:

The so-called "Broadcast Flag" is basically a scam by the studios to keep people from time-shifting and archiving tv shows. The studios have always hated the fair use laws, and have been working feverishly to get around them. With the advent of the dispicable DMCA, time-shifting a show to watch when you get home from work could be a felony if you have to break their "protection" in order to do it. All they have to do is copy "protect" their signal, and BOOM, the've just gotten around the fair use laws, because to break the
"protection" would be a violation of the disgusting DMCA. Thanks to the FCC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hollywood and the TV studios.
!protest

Viacom has it's buyers in a corner, if they don't aggree to it's demands, they yank the stations and the buyers, dish, cable, whoever, get an earfull from their customers, so Viacom can raise rates at will.

Maybe it's time someone stood up to them ?

Yep, I wouldn't notice if they left either. But I still don't want them to go, as choice is what I want. We currently don't watch anything besides CBS. Survivor is the only thing on CBS we watch. We get Digital CBS over the air so wouldn't miss all the others.

Come on Dish and Viacom - why does the consumer always have to suffer because of both of your greediness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)