Now Sprint wants to buyout Clearwire?

they are looking to buy MORE of Clearwire. (Basically the rest of it) :)

If Sprint teams with DISH, then AT&T and Verizon have a reason to worry.

An old manager of mine, who taught me quite a lot about thoroughness often said "The details will kill you."

As Scott said, previously Sprint purchased a majority stake (50+%). Now they want to buy the remaining stock so that they are wholly owned by Sprint.

I am now saying to you the details will kill you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

An old manager of mine, who taught me quite a lot about thoroughness often said "The details will kill you."

As Scott said, previously Sprint purchased a majority stake (50+%). Now they want to buy the remaining stock so that they are wholly owned by Sprint.

I am now saying to you the details will kill you.

I understand that with Sprint on this but overall Sprint will really not know what direction they will going overall until the Softbank deal is done. Once that happens it will be different folks calling the shots so I hope they will make some better decisions on things.

I understand that with Sprint on this but overall Sprint will really not know what direction they will going overall until the Softbank deal is done. Once that happens it will be different folks calling the shots so I hope they will make some better decisions on things.

Either you have a problem properly communicating your understanding, or you didn't understand until Scott (and later I) pointed it out to you.

Spectrum is king. Having more spectrum is an invaluable asset. The bad decision that they are dealing with right now, is WiMax. If they execute their NV (Network Vision) plan they are in a much better position. I doubt we'll see any major changes in Sprint's plans until after they have completed their NV plan. Softbank's influence won't be felt until after that. It's never an immediate thing. Google is moving fairly fast on their Motorola stuff, and that took 6 months from closing to start.

Right now, everybody is getting killed by Verizon's LTE execution. They executed very well and are finishing significantly ahead of schedule. That puts pressure on all of their competitors to keep up.

A lot of the Clearwire spectrum is in a range that doesn't travel through walls well (I think it's the 2.5 GHz range). You can get a lot of bandwidth in your channels, but if you can't get the signal where it's needed it's wasted.

This is why a Dish/Clearwire/Sprint deal seems good. They get some choice lower frequency and higher frequency bands so they can employ multiple strategies to deliver the bandwidth they need to.