Now that the CW is officially launched...

For the next few years you are only going to see the "big four" in your satellite delivered HD locals package. It is possible that DISH could put a national feed (or a local HD feed) up for CW for the markets that have no HD CW feed (like mine where the idiots at Clear Channel put it on a digital subchannel).

Last edited:
Bill R said:
It is possible that DISH could put a national feed (or a local HD feed) up for CW for the markets that have no HD CW feed

That might work. As is the local CW affliate in my area is KTLA which is already carried by Dish as a superstation. So maybe they'll carry the HD feed as a mational superstation feed also.

Bill R said:
For the next few years you are only going to see the "big four" in your satellite delivered HD locals package. It is possible that DISH could put a national feed (or a local HD feed) up for CW for the markets that have no HD CW feed (like mine where the idiots at Clear Channel put it on a digital subchannel).

You mean Dish Network satellite delivered HD locals package. DirecTV carries several of the CW HD stations in their local markets.

SKrueger said:
That might work. As is the local CW affliate in my area is KTLA which is already carried by Dish as a superstation. So maybe they'll carry the HD feed as a mational superstation feed also.

I haven't seen anything anywhere that would indicate that superstation status will carry on to digital OTA stations. Remember the superstations only remain through a grandfather clause in the original SHVA.

As for carrying the CW, they are required to carry the networks, but CW seems to have about the same number of hours of prime time programming as the old WB. That number was under the number required to get full network status. I don't know why the CW chooses to remain below that threshold, but until ups ther hours, it has little leverage for network carriage. I don't expect much top happen until analog cutoff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts