NPS Denied me Distants what's next???

SO I guess move, take LIL off your acct, and wait for NPS to get the information, who knows how long that could take since the mexicans at dish have no clue what to do.
usted es un burro muy despacio en la cabezza. bandito.gif

Yea, so my spell checker obviously doesn't work well in Spanish.:)

Cabeza = Head.

Well I just spoke to NPS C-BAnd CSR's and my address qualifies for DNS on C-Band ! When I asked Why it would not qualifiy for NPS to sell me DNS on my E* equipment I was told to hold and they transfered me to the CSR's handleing the E* customers. The rep had no clue and could not mutter any thing other than E* did not give them my number and to call them.

usted es un burro muy despacio en la cabezza. View attachment 13349

Yea, so my spell checker obviously doesn't work well in Spanish.:)

you are a donkey very slowly in the cabezza

If you are trying to humor me, it doesn't work so obviously your spanish makes no sense...

Go humor someone else because I have no time to put up with you. And not a donkey here.

bese mi asno !!!

And if you were being nice, my apologies!

wow I can't believe so many have changed their tune. There used to be a time when I would get trampled all over the place for telling people they shouldn't have distant networks when dish is providing them locals ;)

you are a donkey very slowly in the cabezza

If you are trying to humor me, it doesn't work so obviously your spanish makes no sense...

Go humor someone else because I have no time to put up with you. And not a donkey here.

bese mi asno !!!

And if you were being nice, my apologies!
Maybe not nice but certainly not trying to create a ruckus. There would have been no mistaking it if that was my intent.

Actually it was nothing more than a light-hearted attempt to point out what appeared to be a less than favorable remark about Mexicans without making a huge deal about it.

I'll be the first to admit my Spanish is not very good. It was phrase I remembered from high school 45 years ago.

So anyway, keep your trousers up - I only kiss my wife.:)

Distants BS

I like to watch my Packers, Falcons, Colts and Patriots...
Also Like the Braves as well as Paul Magers on KCBS LA!!!
Had Distants as long as I had Dish 8 years. Well I was looking for Ideas here so I think when the snow melts I'm going to the Starchoice Route...

Watching the Bulls, Cubs and White Sox is capital punishment. No wonder Red Green wants his distants back. This way he gets The Dodgers, Angels and Lakers at least on the Saturday game of the week.

lets give him break or like I said Wild and Wonderful West Virginia is a place where DNS is going to live for ever. . . . (except the Charleston-Huntington DMA and Wheeling of course)

Had Distants as long as I had Dish 8 years. Well I was looking for Ideas here so I think when the snow melts I'm going to the Starchoice Route...
You had those distants *illegally* once Dish started offering your DMA's local channels. You may have missed the news, but Dish has been blatantly breaking the law for a number of years on this issue (for many customers).

I like to watch my Packers,
according to your signature, you already do
121 Superdish with 508 for Milwaukee Locals

Also Like the Braves
Don't really get how the Braves are part of the distants equation since they are mainly on a RSN or TBS. Yes there are a few games on Big Fox but that's besides the point

as well as Paul Magers on KCBS LA!!!
can I seriously ask why?? I dealt with him for 20 years in Minneapolis and he was OK.

You had those distants *illegally* once Dish started offering your DMA's local channels. You may have missed the news, but Dish has been blatantly breaking the law for a number of years on this issue (for many customers).

They were not illegal if he was in a true white area and recevd DNS and LiL before 12/8/2004. According to SHVERA that was one of the exceptions to the no distants if LiL rules.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the only people bitching about loosing distant networks are the customers who legally qualify for locals in their DMA, however would rather subscribe to distant networks?

I talked to a guy the other day and he lost his east and west networks. Ran his address and he qualified for Seattle networks, but was getting distant networks only before they shut him off.

As a retailer I have yet to get 1 call from customers who had distants shut off and are truely in an area that is not served by local channels

Yes I am bitching because I live in a true white area and received DNS before E* had LiL in my DMA. When they began to offer my LiL in 2002 I bought them just to have.

Also I was not an illegal DNS sub because under the 2004 SHVERA law if you received DNS and LiL before 12/8/2004 you were allowed to keep all three. How does that make it Illegal.

Before SHVERA (2004) my address qualified for DNS from both E* and D*. My dad who has D* recvs DNS and LiL even after 2004 he still has both today. Does that mean D* is provideing DNS illegally?

Also NPS will provide me c band DNS at my adress right now if I wanted to go the c-band route.

The biggest f**k up IMO with SHVERA was changing the definition of an unserved household. Before SHVERA an unserved household could not be in a specific area and recv OTA thier DMA's signal. After 2004 they included Lil. If you recvd Lil then your a served household.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the only people bitching about loosing distant networks are the customers who legally qualify for locals in their DMA, however would rather subscribe to distant networks?
That does appear to be the case. The number of people who are truly ineligible for locals is rather small. They're the group "C" that Dish talked about the other night in the chat, I believe.

I just watched the chat again I recorded it and charlie definitly says the only people able to receive DNS from NPS is groups B & C.

I am not trying to ruffle any feathers. I am pissed off because if Charlie had played by the rules and settled back in 03 (like greg has said all alon YOU WERE RIGHT?!) then I and many other DNS subbs who live in white areas and subbed to DNS and LiL befor 12/8/04 would still have bot DNS and LiL. My dad told me to switch to D* back in july of 04 but I did not. I now wish I had. If I did I would still have both DNS and LiL!

One good thing about Los Angeles being out of the NFL is we dont get black outs any more. For year the LA Rams were blacked out and the LA Raiders never sold
100,000 seats at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliesum. I had to watch a roof top antenna to try and pick up KNSD 39 out of San Diego to see Raider home games and KFMB 8 to pick up Rams games from Anahiem Stadium.

Its funny Jim Hill on CBS 2 was the sports caster for KCBS when I was a kid and Fred Rogin was on KNBC when I was also a kid.

Now if only I could get My 13 KCOP 13 and KCAL 9 on Dish or DirecTV I could watch my home teams much more as MLB Extra Innings doesnt carry enlough Doidgers or Angels game.

DirecTV gave me the NY and LA stations Dish is cutting off (when they get around to it) but it was nice to pick up FOX from San Francisco as the are the broadcast home of the San Francisco Giants. KTLA still carries the L.A. Clippers games though.

I did discover The Red Green Show on West Virginia PBS when the Navy exiled me here for the last 3 years of my carrieer.

Good luck with Star Choice. I actually have the Dish and a reciever in the garage ready to be installed once I find some one to install it for me.

I did discover The Red Green Show on West Virginia PBS when the Navy exiled me here for the last 3 years of my carrieer.

Good luck with Star Choice. I actually have the Dish and a reciever in the garage ready to be installed once I find some one to install it for me.

Installing the S* Dish cant be that hard!!! If I ever make over to W.V. I'll bring my Birdog and install it for you.

Why was WMUR dumped for us NH residents.

EchoStar, NAB Dispute Heats Up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)