NPS Qualifications

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
Since NPS / All American Direct started providing the distant networks I have not qualified and I suppose rightly so because I am in the NYC DMA and I get locals from NYC via Dish Network.

Recently I just tried to qualify again. I did not "move" or anything like that but all of a sudden I now do qualify to get all 4 disatnts from NPS.

Again, I do get all the NYC locals. SD and HD. All via satellite. Now it would seem I can also get the NPS distants as well.

It also just got alot harder to find information on All American Direct on the Dish website. I put in a known to me "white area" address and the message reads I do not qualify for locals and I do qualify for superstations. It says nothing about how to get distants. No link to All American.. No nothing.

What do you guys make of this?

Because AAD and Dish are two separate companies, having locals through Dish does not disqualify you from receiving DNS from AAD. Your address simply must fall outside the grade B signal area of your local stations.

NightRyder

Because AAD and Dish are two separate companies, having locals through Dish does not disqualify you from receiving DNS from AAD. Your address simply must fall outside the grade B signal area of your local stations.

NightRyder

Really? I thought nobody cared about signal strength (even though I saw that was written into the ruling by the FCC) but I will be the first to say that my OTA signal is very poor. I am still technically located in the NYC DMA so I can and do receive all NYC stations available via E* on satellite.

So for me, I can go through with subscribing to distants via ADD in addition to getting my locals that include the big 4 from New York City with no trouble?

Why didn't I qualify before about a week ago? Has something new happened that I have not heard?

And does anyone else reading this get locals and distants through satellite on E* deal? I'd like to hear from someone who does. Thanks.

I am getting NYC stations from Dishtv and the 8 stations from AAD from my WHITE area where I also live in, about a hour east of Reno on rt80..........If you are going to paythe NEW AAD prices at $10.99 you should get all 8 stations....JT

NightRyder

I was getting Birmingham, AL Locals and NY and LA from Dish before the court order. In December of 2006, I tried to qualify through AAD. It said I was not elligible for DNS. Then in Jan of 2007, it said I qualified for FOX, and ABC. It required a waiver for CBS and NBC. I dropped my Birmingham locals and qualified with AAD. I have all but CBS,because that waiver was denied. I live in valley on a river. Even though, I have 3 of the 4 with AAD, are you saying I can call Dish and still getmy locals as well?

You should be able to add your locals online if you qualify. It should not effect your AAD channels since it is two different companies. I had both for awhile, but got tired of the cost and PQ. I cancelled AAD after the recent price increase.

I too have all my locals and all the AAD channel. i personally dont think E* really cares. and AAD is getting there money too.

I too have all my locals and all the AAD channel. i personally dont think E* really cares. and AAD is getting there money too.

Let me ask you this: Do the local affiliates have any way of monitoring what networks a customer has? Then the local could contact AAD and have your DNS stopped. I was reading the act passed in 1999 and 2004. It is so confusing, because I believe the law stated if a customer subsribed to DNS and Local before Dec of 2004, he or she could have both. The same law indicated that Locals received lists around the 15th of each month. These lists indicated what sateliite customers in the area had. Have you heard any thing about that?

affox14

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)