NPS & waivers: I need one, tenant doesn't! etc

She has a po box. My address is the property address which is actually the post office one town over.
Right in the quote is your answer "TWO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES"

She has a po box.

Any advice you have on this conflicting waiver issue will be greatly appreciated. I was so wound up last night I couldn't sleep. Thank you, J

Legally speaking, a PO box does not qualify for any distant networks.

You can have as many billing address as you want but you can only have one service address and the service address is what your DNS elgibility is based on. You have a tenant who lives in the same phsical dwelling as you then you should both have the same service address. Hence you both should qualify for the same DNS's.

You can not use a PO box or a postal address or any other address other than the phsical location of where your boxes are at. It is not uncommon especially for address on zip code borders to have diffrent elgbility. I read in another forum someone who got diffrent locals from his neighbor down the road because of the diffrent zip code.

Now if the service address that you and your tenant are using are in the same zip code then you should qualify for the same DNS. DO you guys have diffrent zips? If not then the problem is in the computer at NPS.

It appears that NPS is working off the data base that E* provided them. Your mailing address and phone # is all NPS cares about. They cannot take your word that your actual address is different. How can they know that your not trying to scam them and because they are under a microscope right now regarding qualifying new DNS subscribers, I'm sure that they are not going to allow for any exceptions.

The system that NPS uses to qualify an address for distants was layed out by a seperate company that the FCC recognizes as incompliance with SHVA and SHVERA. The billing address on your account could be in Pakistan for all they care; that doesn't matter. Only the address of service (physical address) determines what you can and cannot view.

I'm still searching for the exact name of the copyrighted method they use, however I do know that you are qualified by your physical address, not the address to wherever you would like your bill sent.

Ok, I'm getting conflicting information here also. So, who is right? You or Minnow? Do they go buy the mailing address or the service address ? And I can't even get customer service to answer this question. I'm leaving then anyway. I just wanted the networks till I get directtv to hook me up. Cbs doesn't even come in, I get a no signal screen. I have been talking to a lot of people and people were divided over swithching to directtv or going with this company. Now that they see the qualityor non exsistense of the signals directtv is going to be even busier. Can you guys tell me where you get your information of where NPS gets the system they use to qualify an address? Thanks, J

From many other accounts here, people(and I was one of them) are requested to give your phone number and address when signing up for NPS. Dish supplied that information to them and NPS checks to see if the information you give them is the same as what Dish gave them. If your address is listed as a PO Box, then you will not be eligible for DNS. What was the address Dish had for your tenant ? I'll bet it was not a PO Box.

As has been stated, P.O. Box do not qualify for distants (only actual service address) and we have seen multiple times that you must put in EXACTLY what you have on file with Dish for this weekend reprieve, the fact that NPS allowed the P.O. box DNS service shows they are giving out service illegally and confirming that Dish gave out service illegally.

What was the address Dish had for your tenant ? I'll bet it was not a PO Box.
To add to this... I did not think that Dish would set up two accounts at the same service address (except for whatever they do when you have more than 6 tuners or something).

I bet the tennant has a different service address which is what they are using to determine eligibility, and not the mailing address.

You mentioned rural address. Although like the address used by city folks, it is also assigned by the U.S. Postal Service, but it's not really a physical address either. Who knows, maybe the tennant used a different/incorrect rural address.

Also, when you address a letter to someone, you do not use the "City, State" in the address, you use the "Post Office and State" to address letters. And generally, there is one Zip Code associated with that Post Office. Often the Zip Code will cover beyond the local area and/or city limits (if any), and in fact could even cover parts of two counties. For some Zip Codes, Dish had to ask you which county you live in, so that they could determine what programming you qualified for. If you told them you lived in the county furthest from the main population, then you may qualify for additional (of different) programming.

One last thought... Going by various posts, it's obvious that Dish doesn't have good records, so it is also possibly that bad records where transferred. Such as, some have said they have been receiving DNS and not paying for it, and are still receiving DNS.

Disconnect your service, and have your receiver added to your tennants' account, especially if the tennant gets the adult channels. :D

Right in the quote is your answer "TWO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES"

He should change his account address to a PO Box in the same zip code as his tenant.

All this cracks me up. Someone stated earlier that it's silly for adults to be fighting over TV channels. Maybe I don't have a good grasp on what the problem is but it sure does apprear stupid to me from my limited knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)