Numbers & The New Dish Network Team

I'm sorry but I don't agree!
Losing 94,000 customers in 1 Quarter is HUGE!
When D* ,Fios,and Even my local cable company is adding Thousands to Hundreds of thousands new subscribers and E* hasn't added to their customer count in a year. Thats Good??? WHAT!!!
This was the worst Quarter yet,and thats a good thing.
Mark my words next Quarter will be another Huge Loss. I don't care what Smoke Charlie is Blowing up you know where.
Com'om Scott you should know better than this by now.:rolleyes:
E* has an image, and that Image isn't a good one. Its going to take more then 1 quarter to fix all the BS that Charlie has put a lot of his customers through. This May Never be fixed. Sorry IMO this is the Start of the END.

I don't agree either. As a retired Marine, I remember being taught the 4 life-saving measures as part of our basic First Aid training back in '81: restore the breathing, stop the bleeding, protect the wound, and treat for shock. From where I sit Dish Network has not stopped the bleeding and the "things" they are doing equate to placing a band-air over a sucking chest wound!

The first quarter numbers were the largest (aka worst) of any MSO and, to be honest, many cable/satellite operators saw a bump in their numbers due to the digital transition scare. I still haven't seen the folks at Dish Network correct (m)any of thier deficiencies, they still don't have a reseller agreement with AT&T or Verizon, customer service is down-in-the-dumps, promotions and program packages still havn't improved, and 3+ years later their practice of HD-Lite continues.

Hopefully, parent EchoStar can reach and agreement to provide their award winning HD DVR technology to the new 460K DirecTV customers, 284K AT&T U-Verse new customers, and 299K new FiOS TV customers added during the 1st quarter and 330K new customers they are expected to add during the 2nd quarter...because I don't see them correcting problems with their business model.

Anyway, I hope Scott is right but I just don't share his optimism at this point. I think the below listed quarterly numbers (Dish Network's 4th straight subscriber loss) speaks for itself.

Winners:
MediaCom gained +21,000 customers
Time Warner gained +36,000 customers
AT&T U-Verse gained +284,000 customers
Verizon FiOS gained +299,000 customers
DirecTV gained +460,000 customers

Losers:
Charter lost -22,200 customers
Cablevision lost -23,100 customers
Comcast lost -78,000 customers
Dish Network lost -94,000 customers

Last edited:
This is good for E* customers. Dish has a lot to prove, and a lot to IMprove. DirecTV seems to be getting fat and lazy while Dish is being aggressive. For now anyway. Competition is good!

DirecTV: The Leader in HD Commercials.

This is good for E* customers. Dish has a lot to prove, and a lot to IMprove. DirecTV seems to be getting fat and lazy while Dish is being aggressive. For now anyway. Competition is good!

Agreed. Dish Network's failure is DirecTV's failure. We need competition and I want Dish to get on it's feet again. I started out with Dish several years ago but I have been with DirecTV for the past 2 years because of Dish's failure to provide MLBEI or the MLB Network. If Dish were to ever bring MLB back, I would come back and I would feel like I was coming "home". Surely MLB is one reason why their numbers are dropping steadily (that and constant disputes with different networks with the result of said networks being dropped without notice). It bugs me why they won't admit it as being a reason.

Agreed. Dish Network's failure is DirecTV's failure. We need competition and I want Dish to get on it's feet again. I started out with Dish several years ago but I have been with DirecTV for the past 2 years because of Dish's failure to provide MLBEI or the MLB Network. If Dish were to ever bring MLB back, I would come back and I would feel like I was coming "home". Surely MLB is one reason why their numbers are dropping steadily (that and constant disputes with different networks with the result of said networks being dropped without notice). It bugs me why they won't admit it as being a reason.
I would say sports in general.

Also add to it, channel drops and confusing packages

I think the next two quarters we will see if there is small movement on some of the things that was mentioned at Team Summit. One was customer service, I think there may have been changes already as I have made calls and they calls were handled well and appeared to be taken in the USA. Many who have been long time Dish subs, after Team Summit, took the same old Dish stance, I guess we shall see. I am not sure how many times in the past at Dish Summits they admitied they had issues they were going to work on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts