NW 129 -- 24" or + dish

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Anyone living in an area where they've had trouble with the 129 signal drop-outs that have resolved the problem with a dish+ over a separate 24" dish aimed at the 129???

Size of the +dish is 30.9"W x 23.8"H. Question is whether the slight increase in width size is enough to lessen the drop-outs.

Presently the drop-outs with the 24" dish are about every 30 minutes for 1-3 minutes, especially on tp27.

Any words of wisdom appreciated. Service call is scheduled for Wednesday.

Thanks, Bruce N of Seattle

I remember reading way back when that someone over on the Penninsula (at least that's how my memory has it) found an older supersized dish in that size range and was having success with it.

I'll be very interested to hear what your results are. How did you manage to get an order placed for it? Was is through dish or somewhere else? If somewhere else, I'd like to find out who is doing it for you. If through dish how did you get them to do it?

That's the same width as a 30-inch dish, but 10 inches less height.

I've read that Gain is more associated with height, and that width helps for receiving multiple sat slots with the same dish.

The Winegard 2077 30-inch dish is the same make used by Dish and has the LNB arm that fits the Dish LNB. You can find it for $50 plus shipping, or may be able to get Dish to install one if you are in the Pacific NW and you make a point of requesting it.

I'm pretty close to Oregon, and I have no problems with 129 with a 30-inch dish.

Anyone living in an area where they've had trouble with the 129 signal drop-outs that have resolved the problem with a dish+ over a separate 24" dish aimed at the 129???

Size of the +dish is 30.9"W x 23.8"H. Question is whether the slight increase in width size is enough to lessen the drop-outs.

Presently the drop-outs with the 24" dish are about every 30 minutes for 1-3 minutes, especially on tp27.

Any words of wisdom appreciated. Service call is scheduled for Wednesday.

Thanks, Bruce N of Seattle

I am close to you and used a 18" dish pointed at 61.5 which has worked great.

netnerdvana; said:
I have the 30" wineguard for 129 + separate 24" for 110/119/148. Overkill but I love it. No dropouts.

Not sure if I read that right, do you have 2 dish's (1 30 inch for 129 + 1 24 inch 110/119/148) or 4 dish's (30 inch for 129 + 24 inch for 110 + 24 inch for 119 + 24 inch for 148)?

I currently have a 500 pointed at 110/119 and a 24 inch pointed at 129. After reading the positive results here on the 30" I just placed an order for one. Once I get it I'm wondering if I'm better off discarding the 500 and using the 24 for 110/119 (can I hope for 148 on the same dish???) and the 30 for 129?

A circular dish (like a 24 inch dish) is not optimized for more than one satellite slot. A Dish 500 has a non-circular shape that is designed for two satellite slots.

PS I'm pretty sure he means 3 24-inch dishes...

The Winegard DS-2077 30" dish arrived. I'd like to hook it up today (day off) but need to clarify some things. This will be replacing a Winegard 24". Will it be as simple as removing the LNB and it's housing out of the 24 and attaching it to the 30? Is the pole the same on the two dishes? I am hoping that I can just take a sharpie and mark the positions where the 24 inch is currently set and slide the 30 inch into the same settings. Anything obvious that I might need to consider? (It's been a VERY long time since I tried hooking up a dish and I really didn't have much of an idea of what I was doing then either.)

One observation. Of course, I knew the 30" would be larger. But actually seeing it up close is a different thing. To me it looks huge. I'm planning on mounting this to the top of my chimney. I hope that wind isn't a problem with a dish this size. Any comments?

I am not sure of the pole sizes but be patient when pointing, it will be a little harder to point. In the end result though you should have excellent signals.

Dish 1000.2

When I first had my Dish 1000.2 installed I had issues with Sat 129 dropping out. I had the installer back out yesterday and he re-tweeked the dish itself. First we got GREAT signal on 129 but lost 110. So he went back up and got acceptable signal on all the birds. 129, 110 and 119. I would love to install more then one dish but my HOA won't allow me to. So for now the 1000.2 is my best bet and I am happy with the new results.

When I first had my Dish 1000.2 installed I had issues with Sat 129 dropping out. I had the installer back out yesterday and he re-tweeked the dish itself. First we got GREAT signal on 129 but lost 110. So he went back up and got acceptable signal on all the birds. 129, 110 and 119. I would love to install more then one dish but my HOA won't allow me to. So for now the 1000.2 is my best bet and I am happy with the new results.

The HOA can't prevent you from installing more than one dish if you require the need for it. Check the OTARD for more info.

Decided rather than potentially wiping out all signal from 129 if I mess up the install, better to have an pro do it. Called a local guy and hope to have it done this afternoon. Quoted a 99.00 charge.

Decided rather than potentially wiping out all signal from 129 if I mess up the install, better to have an pro do it. Called a local guy and hope to have it done this afternoon. Quoted a 99.00 charge.

Write down the signals for all of the TP's. Make sure you do this at various times since the bird does it's "bobbing" around. Then do the same thing with the new dish. I'm curious of the gain.

90cm in my area:

Attachments

• 0910-000320.jpg
    0910-000320.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 189
digiblur; said:
Write down the signals for all of the TP's. Make sure you do this at various times since the bird does it's "bobbing" around. Then do the same thing with the new dish. I'm curious of the gain.

90cm in my area:

Will do that. Of course the numbers I should most be concerned with are the ones when the signal bottoms out. But doubt I can capture that. If I can just get an overall gain of 3-5 pts (on the new scale) I think I'll be above the threshold. Looking at the size of this I don't want to go to a 36. We get some pretty strong windstorms out here. And the posts I've read seem to indicate the 30 is the best option anyway.

I have a 30" dish.. I am very happy, and have not had any dropout. I'm in Southern California.

Be prepared to spend $50 in shipping +$50 for the dish.

By the way it's HUGE... make sure that you brace your install and use appropriate hardware.

Games Added To Dish Interactive Ch 100 For VIP622 Receiver

Which birds, transponders and such?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts