Nyotb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgoecken

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I know that NYOTB has a channel that shows horse racing. NYOTB also has a website that shows the schedule of races to be shown. I was wondering if anybody knows how accurate the schedule is on "www.nycotb.com" with what a FTA setup can get. How many channels of NYOTB are available? Do they show different races? Is the schedule on their website the same as their programming? I know this is a lot to ask, I was just wondering if anybody else was looking at their site to see what races were being shown at night.

Secondly, I posted a while back and was told that I could "daisy chain/link" receivers together and run them off one dish if I wanted to view 3-4 different races from the NYOTB. Is this still possible? If so, do the receivers have to be the same brand/model?

Thanks for any insight you guys can give me on this. Obviously I want to set up a dish to watch horse racing but I want to make sure I know more about the programming before I invest a couple hundred bucks in the project.

And, they're off! Hi, I watch those channels almost every day, they're great entertainment. Races are on ch4-8 frm all over the US, and ch 9 seems to be the one
tying them all together. IOW, you can watch ch4 and see tampa bay downs, ch5 may be the fairgrounds or aquaduct, etc but ch9 seems to switch between tracks and shows most races as they occur. You can switch between channels or just watch ch9. You won't miss anything, they split screen if more than one race starts at same time!! Sure you can hook up multiple rec if you like, they don't have to be the same brand/model but not necessary for these channels.
At night I don't watch much, I did catch a live race from Australia a couple of nites ago, around midnite central. They do seem to keep some racing on until very late.
Have fun.
charles

know that NYOTB has a channel that shows horse racing. NYOTB also has a website that shows the schedule of races to be shown. I was wondering if anybody knows how accurate the schedule is on "www.nycotb.com" with what a FTA setup can get. How many channels of NYOTB are available? Do they show different races? Is the schedule on their website the same as their programming? I know this is a lot to ask, I was just wondering if anybody else was looking at their site to see what races were being shown at night.
There are 6 channels in the mux that show horse racing. Various racetracks from around the country but they keep the same list of tracks on each channel. I know a couple of them go off the air late at night. I’ve seen stuff from across the globe (where they go the other way around) :D

Secondly, I posted a while back and was told that I could "daisy chain/link" receivers together and run them off one dish if I wanted to view 3-4 different races from the NYOTB. Is this still possible?
Since they are on the same polarity, yes you can. Or get a 4 way splitter and do it that way.
If so, do the receivers have to be the same brand/model?
nope. Any receiver that does DVB will work. So you could have 4 simple boxes or a Coolsat 8000, Pansat 1500, Fortec Ultra, and Captiveworks running off them.

A while back I took a 4 way splitter and had 4 different channels from G10 (the Equity mux) on at one time. Worked pretty good.

That's just the info I needed guys THANKS! It looks like that channel 9 is the way to go until I can add more receivers. Won't miss a thing. Iceberg, you mentioned simple boxes? As you can tell I'm a noob with FTA, what are simple boxes? Are they the cheapest?

Sort of. A while back there were some “basic” boxes on Ebay. Didn’t do much but they worked great for single satellite reception. Didn’t have the bells & whistles like blind scan, motor settings and such. Heck you couldn’t even edit or move channels around but it got the job done. I use it on a single satellite and it works just fine.

I consider basic pretty much a simple box. One that doesn’t have blind scan so you’d have to type in the frequency info. If you are looking for a box, check Ebay. Sometimes people upgrade boxes and they get rid of the older boxes they have. I’ve picked up some boxes pretty inexpensive due to upgrading their equipment. Or in some cases they used it for illegal stuff and all that needed to be done was download the factory software back into it.

Or maybe even the classified section here. Another option would be the package deals that the sponsors have. If you need the whole kit (receiver, dish, LNB, etc) that might be a better way to go because there are deals instead of piecing it together.

The expense is worth it, just for the horse racing channels there, for me, lol. Just remember though-any channel that is here today-could scramble or go away tomorrow. (I beleive those channels have been up and avail for many months now,though)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)