Occasional Lost Broadband Connection 1305

avion

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Chicagoland
One of our Joeys on occasion reports "Lost Broadband Connection 1305" and few seconds later everything is back to normal. This doesn't happen very often, maybe once every few days and on occasion, like today, it happens twice an evening. The Hopper 3 is connected via Wi-Fi and gets a signal strength in the mid 80s. The Internet Setting, advanced screen shows that Bridging is On. Limit Frequency Scan is Off.

The Whole Home screen shows that the 2 Joeys are Linked and quality for both is Strong.

When looking at the History page the MoCA notifications for that Joey stands at 244.

Hopper3 software version is U508.

Any idea what's going on here and how to fix it?

There is a list of Gateway/Routers that are not compatible with the Hopper's Bridging and can cause this issue, but most times when I See this problem, the Hopper is connected to one of those "MiFi" Hotspots.

The following routers are not compatible with bridging:

• Actiontec GT784WNV
  • Netgear N900CG4500BD
  • Netgear R7000 AC1900
  • Pace 5031NV
  • Pace 5268AC
  • Technicolor TC8305C
  • Technicolor TC8715D
  • Technicolor TC8717C
  • Technicolor TC8717T
The fix is to add a 3rd party router to connect the Hopper to or use a HIC (Hopper Internet Connector) to supply connectivity to the Hopper system. Normally I see issues on Comcast, Mediacom and AT&T Gateways

Other causes can be cabling issues - damaged, bad or loose connectors

There is a list of Gateway/Routers that are not compatible with the Hopper's Bridging and can cause this issue, but most times when I See this problem, the Hopper is connected to one of those "MiFi" Hotspots.

The following routers are not compatible with bridging:

• Actiontec GT784WNV
  • Netgear N900CG4500BD
  • Netgear R7000 AC1900
  • Pace 5031NV
  • Pace 5268AC
  • Technicolor TC8305C
  • Technicolor TC8715D
  • Technicolor TC8717C
  • Technicolor TC8717T
The fix is to add a 3rd party router to connect the Hopper to or use a HIC (Hopper Internet Connector) to supply connectivity to the Hopper system. Normally I see issues on Comcast, Mediacom and AT&T Gateways

Netgear AC1900 has no problems whatsoever.

Reactions: HipKat

I am using an AmpliFi wireless router.

I also checked the cables and they seem fine.

The fact that it happens once every few days, sometime a week or more in between is what's strange. You'd expect that if the issue is with the router or the cables we'll run into this issue more often.

Same problem here. Everything has been working fine since the original installation (several years). A few weeks age we started noticing that at nighttime, 12AM to 6AM, we started losing programing associated with the 1305 message.

Sometimes, when I am at the h3 location, I check the "whole home" and see that the links to one or two of my Joeys are down. Usually a hard re-set of the Joey(power) brings back the service.

I have used a 7/16 wrench to "snug up" all the coax connections.

I have always loved Dish but am becoming frustrated with the constant price gouging, IE locals were free and they started charging $10 per month, now $12 per mo. Am in fringe area of DC Baltimore and am looking to have a antenna installed to get the locals.

Locals were never free the price was just bundled into the programming pack. They separated them so the customer could see the cost involved for having the locals and to allow you to drop the locals if you don't want to pay what the local stations want to be carried.

Wiring for Joeys' is inside. We had zero deg days last Month with no problems. Thanks for the idea though.

Also, do you know is it RG-59 or RG-6 cable between the hub/node and joeys? Dish says RG-59 will work but there’s been issues in the past with it. At least the techs in my area always use RG-6 for everything now and don’t carry the RG-59 anymore to avoid problems. Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)