OH OH What Did I just DO?!!

Eventually they will find it.
Either you will have to do a software update or when you turn in the receiver for a new one.

A long time ago, I had a movie that went unpaid for almost a year. But when I changed receivers. They found it and charged me for it.

Just remember, don't hit the PURCHASE button unless you want to give money to dish.

I wonder what happens if I hit the gas pedal hard to the floor at a red light? I wonder what happens when I hit all kinds of buttons on my computer? I wonder what happens if I rob a bank? If u wondered what would happen why not try a cheaper PPV like a $6.95 HD on demand movie instead of a $69 dollar fight? I bet now you will forget this thing you did in 3 or soo months when it hits ur bill and you will call screaming and fighting with a dish CSR that you never ordered it, cause we all know ur not the brightest star in this universe.

LOL, this reminds me of when my Grandfather called 911 when it first came to his area, just to see if it really worked. He hung up when someone answered, so they sent the cops and fire dept.:eek:
Now ya know....:)

I had the complete opposite happen to me. I just moved into my house and didnt have phone or internet yet. Well I had 10 people coming over to watch the UFC fight on my new projector that I was excited to show off. So everyone just got done eating and I went to order the fight and..... "No phone line detected" comes on the screen. I felt like an idiot. Luckly I found out you can call Dish or order online. I cant believe it let the OP order it.

A coworker once told me of a friend who would order Dish Network service, not connect the phone line, and order PPV movies. The system allowed that for a number of times, then refused to accept new orders. They then canceled their service, then resubscribed to reboot the process.

Something tells me that loop hole must have been filled by now. I'd also like to hope there is something to the idea of bad karma.

LOL, this reminds me of when my Grandfather called 911 when it first came to his area, just to see if it really worked. He hung up when someone answered, so they sent the cops and fire dept.:eek:
Now ya know....:)

Way off topic here, but it's a good story anyway.

Several years ago - back in the good old dial up days - a guy I worked with brought his personal lap top PC in to work to play with. At work we had to dial 9 to get an out side line, and 1 to get out of the local area. so he added 91 to his auto dialer program and forgot about it. Then he brought the lap top home - with interesting results.

At home he typically dialed a number out of his local area and he had added the 1 to the number in his auto dialer app. So his laptop was now dialing 9-1-1-xxx-xxxx

For some reason his PC couldn't connect to the usual number he called. So he kept trying - over and over - with no success.

Then the cops and fire department showed up.

Broadband is a good thing on so many levels.

Last edited:
Are there not a few "Are you sure you want this purchase" screen before committing to a purchase to prevent such "accidents". Sounds odd to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)