ok so I'm not the brightest boy in class

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Thought you guys might like this...I had a bunch of my trees taken down this week and decided this afternoon would be a good time to find some new satellites. I went over to the try and save and picked up a small cheep tv, got home took the tv and my receiver out on the back deck set it up and started to scan the sky...no matter where I looked nothing. I had my trusty compas and knew I was in the right place...maybe it was a LOS problem...it did not look like it. I though ok well maybe the LNBF went bad (we've had allot of storms lately and that dish had been acting goofy (signal going from 0 to 80 and back...I though it was trees) so I swapped out the LNBF for a new one right out of the box....NOTHING...ARGH. So I swing the dish around to 101W KUIL is strong and I have it marked on the pole...so I'm swinging this way and tilting that way....NOTHING "am I going crazy"....ok maybe, but I digress. Could it be the coax...I doubt it because it was put together by someone other than me and it has worked all this time flawlessly. So there I am scratching my head and wondering what the deal was so I go back up on the deck and look, I had connected the LNBF to the antenna in connector....DOAH (only an hour wasted), I connected it up right and magically the signals started comming in...GO FIGURE HUH...hehe oh well I ended up having a good laugh at my stupidity and figured you guys could get a laugh out of it as well.

Hope you all have a great Holiday

PS: in case your curious the trimming back of trees really increased signal across the board I am getting up to 97% on G10r Ku (strongest TP's of course), IA6 75% and IA5 in the 80's & 90's but I have yet to look in depth.

So there I am scratching my head and wondering what the deal was so I go back up on the deck and look, I had connected the LNBF to the antenna in connector....DOAH (only an hour wasted), I connected it up right and magically the signals started comming in.
I guess the question now is how warm is it where you are? Its 97 today in MInneapolis and if that happened to me....oh boy :)

It's 97 in MLPS? You guys up there have us beat! I thought we were getting hot (around 93 highs) here in N.O... and the steambath is in full force. The humidity makes it nearly unbearable...

Tron...it hit 97 yesterday (very windy today) with heat index 105+ :eek:

Suppose to be "cooler" today (90)...then back to normal omorrow (supposedly high 70's)

Tell you guys what, I will trade you the heat you have, if you will take the approx. 54,124,545 blackflies I have in my yard. They are so bad out today that we are hiding in our house, even tho its not raining and in the 70's here.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you that "Antenna Input" is actually confusing. The IF or LNBF input shoud be marked "DISH Input" to make it easier to recognize. Or even a small Dish icon should be printed by the connector

Iceberg, hold out for those highs in the 70s, that sounds great! :)

Larry, I didn't know it got humid up there. It's the humidity that makes the heat unbearable, although on my trips into the western states I'd always find myself running to a water fountain due to the dry air :)

Sadoun, yes, an icon might help eliminate some confusion on the receivers. Half the time, though, I'm just not thinking when I connect something improperly (d'oh) and would probably do it anyway. It's like when you put the remote in the refrigerator instead of the can of Coke you have in the other hand :)

Tron said:
Sadoun, yes, an icon might help eliminate some confusion on the receivers. Half the time, though, I'm just not thinking when I connect something improperly (d'oh) and would probably do it anyway.

Thats what I did...I have hooked that thing up a half a dozen times and I was just rushing or something...and it wasn't too bad I did it in the evening and there was a storm comming in so it was not too hot...Now yesterday I was digging a couple of stumps up and it was in the low 90's and steamy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)