"Old Joey" wireless??

If I have an N router but have other non-N clients (older PCs and laptop) would this slow the whole router to 802.11g and thus negate the benefit of N?
To a degree, yes, but a mixed mode N router will still be better than G only in most situations.

BUT...

If you buy a new router, set up the new router dedicated to N only, set the old router dedicated to G only in access point only mode (you already have the hardware, may as well use it to optimize the network). Alternatively, go with a dual band router, set the 2.4ghz band for mixed mode and the 5ghz band to N only, and connect the Joey to the 5ghz band.

Yours is a good example of why the "official" wireless Joey will have a dedicated access point, Dish does not want to get involved in home networking issues.

Can powerline adapters be plugged into a surge protector? I have been under the impression they will not work if plugged into a surge protector.

No, the surge protector would filter out the signal riding on the AC. I use them directly into the outlets, or on a basic power strip.

Someone has posted here that there are certain brands/models of surge suppressors that will pass the signal, but I couldn't name one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)