Olevia Model 226V

Smokin Joe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Alabama
I need a little feed back on this model. Thinking about purchasing one for my "Shop/Office/Computer room". Is Olevia in the "Universal Remote Code" group? How is the reception for analog and straight digital stations?

Smoke

I know that there is a preprogrammed remote code for the Olevia, but don't know how well it works. Just as there are three codes for my two Vizios but none of them work. Had to use a fourth unregistered code provided by someone on the forum.

Can't comment on the other ???'s

Every Olevia I've seen looks like junk. I don't know what remote you're trying to use with it so that doesn't help. If it's an IR remote just use a learning remote.

Their new 665H looks magnificent. It's a 65" HD-ILA 1080P RPTV WITH A DUST FILTER and is coming at $1999.

Their LCD panels with the ATI chip are plagued with problems, go with one of their higher lines without the
ATI chip and they are respectable.

I need a little feed back on this model. Thinking about purchasing one for my "Shop/Office/Computer room". Is Olevia in the "Universal Remote Code" group? How is the reception for analog and straight digital stations?

Smoke

Vizio is a better choice for what you need.

I have the 226T in my bedroom (has the ATI). I have it connected to my old HR10-250. HD and SD both look good. Volume is very touchy (lowest level is too loud). There are NO remote codes for my Tivo remote (don't know if a universal or logitech will work) so I have to have both remotes to watch. Otherwise, the TV is great for the bedroom..no problems at all!

Picked up the set for $319 from Newegg.

When my 32" Mitsu CRT died (about 3 weeks ago), I didn't (at least not now) want to spend a lot to replace it. I opted for an Olevia 27" at Circuit City for $449. When I got there (after ordering online), they didn't have one, so the manager upgraded me to the 232V 32" at no extra charge. I since upgraded to HD with the VIP-722, and lemme tell ya, this may not perform like a top of the line brand/model, but it's no slouch. It looks great, and at the prices these TV's are typically available for, I don't see how you can go wrong. I picked up the extended service for $74.99, and was told that at least for now, with the Olevia brand, this is basically a replacement warranty, as they (CC) can't/don't fix them. Down the road, I plan to move it to the bedroom and replace it with something like a 46" Sharp Aquos, but for now, this TV does the job. And again, when you weigh price vs performance, it's hard to beat.

Mark

Why would you go with a TV smaller than what you had? Even a 32" widescreen is smaller than a 32" fullscreen CRT.

I purchased a 232V last week for the office and connected it to an HR20.

HD an SD for that matter look great. For something to glance at while I work on my PC, it's a great deal and you can't pass up the price.

Also, from what I have read and experienced, there are no universals with the codes yet. They are too new. You will need to get a learning one to consolidate your remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts