Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The CBC is airing the opening ceremonies now and they look good (although a strange aspect ratio in HD)

Airing on channel 802.

I don't see how NBC can do better then this LIVE coverage that we are getting now from the CBC. Its nice being able to see it LIVE.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Anyone else watching?

I turned it on after I saw your first post - thanks.

The Italians sure know how to put on a show. Live events like this are the real reason to have HDTV.

Ok this was good until Yoko Ono got out there screaming (screaming) about peace. And Peter Gabriel singing John Lennons Image started off terrible.

Here comes the flame!

I am having a serious problem understanding why people think this looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iceberg said:
I'm at work but yes the CBC shows so much more LIVE then NBC
Unfortunately this year it doesn't seem to be the case. SRC on the other hand seems to be doing more live.

btw, did CBC show the opening cermonies live? Because the Atlantic feed was ahead of the Eastern and Pacific feeds, and it stands to reason only 1 or none can be live.

cbc and live

CBC is showing just about everything live as it happens. They were on the air this morning at 7:30am Monday 2/13 with complete wall to wall coverage. Saturday & Sunday - everything I saw live on CBC during the day, NBC had taped coverage at night. Looking for those Ratings I guess...

I removed the pictures....if you want ot post pictures,. use the attachment button. My dial up damn near blew up :D

CBC is showing a lot live. At night the highlites are at 7 local time (so they are staggered) but during the day its live

The wife and I watched some skiing on Saturday live on SRC. CBC joined later, they did tapes of the Canadian skiers then flipped live to the last couple.
During some figure skating, NBC showed more skaters while CBC was missing some that fell between the ones that NBC showed.
Seemed to me that bother were guilty of using tape delays.

Iceberg said:
I removed the pictures....if you want ot post pictures,. use the attachment button. My dial up damn near blew up :D

Broadband, baby, Broadband!!!!:D

Then maybe you'll make the Broadband person of the year in 2006!!!!!