On Demand - Subscribe?

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I've encountered this more than once and that is, search and find a program, select it, and the choices are "Subscribe" and "Close". If I click subscribe, it tells me I don't get this channel and to call...

What channel?

I even had my wife and son look in case it was right in front of me and I was missing it. Nowhere did we see, on multiple menus, what channel it was.

Try searching for "saving private ryan" and see.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

What package and any add'l channels do you subscribe to? We only have AT250. No movie channels, etc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I believe it's HBO. If you go to On Demand, press the red button and choose "All TV Channels", select HBO, then Movies, then Drama - you'll find it listed there, although several pages down. There should be an easier way of finding that information. And there should also be a way to search within selected results.

I believe it's HBO. If you go to On Demand, press the red button and choose "All TV Channels", select HBO, then Movies, then Drama - you'll find it listed there, although several pages down.
Of course, one could replace "HBO" with every single package or channel that, in my case, I don't subscribe to.

To be clear, "Saving Private Ryan" was just an example. My point was -- to Dish -- that maybe including the package name, especially for On Demand events, would be helpful.

Very good point. If someone encountered wanting to watch something and it was often from the same package, maybe they would get that package.

I remember having that problem when looking at VOD and I had the AEP. The movies were on the Epix channels that I was not subscribing too.

Hoping to get the attention of someone from Dish to possibly forward this info... Granted, it's low-priority too.

Of course, one could replace "HBO" with every single package or channel that, in my case, I don't subscribe to.

To be clear, "Saving Private Ryan" was just an example. My point was -- to Dish -- that maybe including the package name, especially for On Demand events, would be helpful.

Completely agree. I was just pointing out that I was able find that information, although really just by chance. I remembered seeing it listed during a free preview of HBO. There definitely needs to be an easier way to see what subscription is needed.

Here's another example that I find even stranger. Go to the On Demand menu, and you see all the New Releases on the initial listing. Scroll down about 8 'pages' and you should find "Now You See Me" listed. It also says "Free", and presents a button to Subscribe on the info page. I looked under the HBO Channel under On Demand again and was able to find it listed there along with a Special Feature. What I find odd is that this movie just released in theaters this past Friday. So, is it already available on HBO On Demand for free to subscribers? Could someone who subscribes to HBO (or a DIRT member) confirm this? A search of the programming guide for the HBO channels shows a "First Look" listed several times over the next week, but not the movie itself. Am I missing something here?

Anyone remember when HDNet Movies used to show certain titles before they were released in theaters? I recorded several movies I found there that I most likely would not have gone to a theater to see. I'm not sure when they stopped that practice, but I haven't seen a Sneak Preview listed on their web site for some time now. Too bad.

Completely agree. I was just pointing out that I was able find that information, although really just by chance. I remembered seeing it listed during a free preview of HBO. There definitely needs to be an easier way to see what subscription is needed.

Here's another example that I find even stranger. Go to the On Demand menu, and you see all the New Releases on the initial listing. Scroll down about 8 'pages' and you should find "Now You See Me" listed. It also says "Free", and presents a button to Subscribe on the info page. I looked under the HBO Channel under On Demand again and was able to find it listed there along with a Special Feature. What I find odd is that this movie just released in theaters this past Friday. So, is it already available on HBO On Demand for free to subscribers? Could someone who subscribes to HBO (or a DIRT member) confirm this? A search of the programming guide for the HBO channels shows a "First Look" listed several times over the next week, but not the movie itself. Am I missing something here?

Anyone remember when HDNet Movies used to show certain titles before they were released in theaters? I recorded several movies I found there that I most likely would not have gone to a theater to see. I'm not sure when they stopped that practice, but I haven't seen a Sneak Preview listed on their web site for some time now. Too bad.

I sub to hbo and can confirm that it's a HBO closer look. Not the movie. :(

It has the wrong program info, which is no surprise.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys