One Click Root Access on multiple Android Phones

The guys at XDA have a program on their site that allows literally one-button rooting access for numerous Android phones, including being able to root the Nexus One WITHOUT having to unlock the bootlocker. I just did it to my N1 and now I have root access. Check out the program here:

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 - xda-developers

Wonder how it differs from the App that was removed from the Market

Easy Root is back! - Unstable Apps

Other than the obvious, FREE.

Upon further review, it appears that this program is BS, or at least doesn't do what it claims. It seems to do some sort of quasi-root where you have access to some SU stuff but not everything. For example, SetCPU worked, but Titanium Backup didn't, along with the fact that I was unable to flash my recovery. As I result I didn't like the fact that my phone was in such a state, so I ended up just going all-out and rooting my phone using the tried and tested method described here:
[How-To] ROOT Your Nexus One without Unlocking the Bootloader. ALL ROM'S!! - Google Nexus One Owners | Google Groups

So now I'm fully rooted and am running CryogenMod 6 RC3. :)

Hmm, odd. I used it and everything works fine. Running Bugless beast V0.4. on my cell south Milestone (Droid)

I know several others that have used this and easy root and have had no problems.
Let me know if you hear anything else.

Maybe I misspoke. Perhaps the proper statement would have been: Does not work on the Nexus One. I found a number of other people online who also had problems getting their phones fully rooted with this one click method. Still, as I said in the end it worked out because now I have a fully rooted phone with my bootloader still in tact.

Maybe I misspoke. Perhaps the proper statement would have been: Does not work on the Nexus One. I found a number of other people online who also had problems getting their phones fully rooted with this one click method. Still, as I said in the end it worked out because now I have a fully rooted phone with my bootloader still in tact.

Not really certain what the concern about the bootloader is on the Nexus; its not locked or anything. Isn't the very idea of the Nexus One that its a developer-friendly phone.

Not really certain what the concern about the bootloader is on the Nexus; its not locked or anything. Isn't the very idea of the Nexus One that its a developer-friendly phone.
No, the bootloader IS locked on the N1, which needs to be unlocked to load the files required to root the phone. It's very easy to unlock, but if you do that it voids your warranty. And it's not like Jailbreaking an iPhone where it's easy to undo if your phone needs service, the bootloader remains unlocked and it says so every time you start up the phone. As a result, getting warranty service with an unlocked bootloader is next to impossible.

I didn't want to root previously because I didn't want to take that chance of no warranty service on my $529 investment that I can't even get anymore. With my phone rooted without unlocking the bootloader, now if something screws up, I can (depending on the error) Wipe and Restore the stock ROM so it's still technically under warranty.

Anybody with a HTC Hero @ v1.5 having any luck with this one click method? Doesn't seem to work for me with flasrec-1.1.2 apk or the 1.2 apk.

Anybody with a HTC Hero @ v1.5 having any luck with this one click method? Doesn't seem to work for me with flasrec-1.1.2 apk or the 1.2 apk.

You carrrier has not upgraded to 2.1 yet? If so, download that and it should work

Or try EasyRoot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)