Only allowed one RSN without sports pack?

So is that part of the mulit pak or not? Does everyone get those games?
I told them when I got dish I wanted it.

I live in the SE TN area, and am in the DMA of the Atlanta Braves, and the Cincinnati Reds. When I had the sports pack I could watch Sportssouth, Fox South and FS Cincinnati. Upon dropping the sports pack I lost the Reds, and can't tune into them unless they are on an Alt channel. Shouldn't I still be allowed to watch FS Cincinnati without the sports pack?

Nope..You are getting Reds games on FOXCIN because you reside within the terriotory of the Reds. However your zipcode lies outside the boundaries of the RSN.
I am in the same boat as you. I reside within the markets of 4 teams. REds Braves Orioles and Nats.
Here we have 3 RSN's.... FOS South...Sports South and MASN....I also receive the Reds games when they are on FOX Cin.....

Why 1/3, is it in HD?
I have STO sd all the time, and FSN ohio sd all the time.
Most of the football games are HD. Sometimes I get high school games out of market on a different channel. Maybe I will call dish and see what I have going on?
you receivce it how it is sent. Just because a channel bills itself as HD does not mean HD equipment is sent to every event for a telecast.

Sorry for the stretch, but may be useful for someone. If I wasn't a Braves fan I would definitely "move" to somewhere in Iowa.
1150742098.jpg

do you have a link to that map? Looks like I am close to the Cle/Pit line
the map shows major league teams territories. It does not show which locations receive respective RSN's. The best way is to go onto Dish's website and type in your address/zip code.

So does everyone have the hd sports alternate channels in the 400's like I have? Or do I have the mulit sport pak?:confused:

I'm in Iowa and just had Dish installed on Monday. Just switched from Mediacom for two major reasons. One is that no matter how much you would be willing to pay, Mediacom offers exactly 0 sports networks, at any level. (outside of Big 10, in the upper tiers). I'm a Cards fan from my 12 years in Missouri, 6 in St. Louis County. I averaged 1 available Cards game a week. I would have had to buy the extra sports pack with either Dish or DirecTV, and the cost with Dish is half. The other reason I went to Dish/Qwest? I'm saving $100 a month for the first year, and even when all the promos expire I will still save $60.

So does everyone have the hd sports alternate channels in the 400's like I have? Or do I have the mulit sport pak?:confused:

Do you have the RSNs? If so you have the sports pack, if you just have all the HDALTS everyone has those regardless of their package, but they are useless unless your local team is playing on one.

And they are the ONLY provider in the LA market that offers the HD version of those channels on a part-time only basis. Every other provider provides the HD versions 24/7 (that does not mean that every program is in HD).

Why is this important? Dish is the only provider in the LA market in which you cannot watch the non game HD programming, including the pre and post game shows, and the only one in which you get JIPs (this is a bigger issue on the west coast since they have to wait for east coast games to finish before they have the available bandwidth to show a local game on a local RSN in HD).

Thanks for the HD info, but I didn't address HD because the OP hadn't asked about HD. But I can tell you that there are some people who really don't think the RSN in HD is important, my brother for one, who doesn't care for HD and is completely satisfied with the RSN's in SD. Now, if the OP had an issue with finding the best place to get RSN's in HD 24/7, then it would have been important.

Anybody have any idea what the white "holes" on the map mean?

There's a big one in Arizona, a small one in Nebraska and several in Oklahoma and Texas, just for example.

Anybody have any idea what the white "holes" on the map mean?

There's a big one in Arizona, a small one in Nebraska and several in Oklahoma and Texas, just for example.

I would imagine these are areas that have NO RSN. Or there is incomplete data.

I don't know, but there's quite a bit of holy action around Atlanta. Surely they can get the Braves on their RSN from a national provider. I would go with incomplete data.

It is a blackout map, but it accurately shows what RSN most of us are entitled to. If you have the sports pack can you confirm it is correct for you? Houston and Texas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)