Open and honest discussion of TimeTrax

src666

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 29, 2004
Since TimeTrax appears to have shut down their Support forum, I thought I would post it here.

Due to the moderation choices being made in that forum, the TimeTrax community is lacking a space for frank and open discussion about TimeTrax, both the product and the company.

That space is now open for business: The Open Forums

This is not a competitor to SatelliteGuys - there's no way I could even begin to build the community they have here. This is specifically for discussing products that currently only offer tightly moderated forums, or who's forums and mailing lists have been abandoned. This isn't just about TimeTrax, but they were the catalyst for the decision.

This is being provided as a space for open and honest communication - not rants, flames or or nastiness. I hope the community can benefit from this.

Thanks man... I appreciate the ability to openly talk about a product without worry of thread deletions when my comments are about what the problems are and not how great the product is :)

Thanks again!

Unfortunately we have a feeling that its going to come back without any of the original posts in there about our issues with the product and requests for support about missing new features that were kinda expected... So we wanted to preserve the existing ones and another fellow was able to create a new forum a little less controlling about the conversations of the product.

Thanks tho - I never saw that post....

Thanks...Looks promising.

Hopefully, you will build a following of those who like to talk honestly and objectively, without feeling like "Big Brother" is watching.

Good luck with it.

I really wish I could tell you whats going on with Timetrax, there is so much going on, but I am 100% confident they want to give you the best product possible. It was hard for them to focus on working when they were here cleaning up a lot of false statements and comments about their product and giving them a black eye.

The are committed to giving you a world class product, this I know for sure. Hang in there, I do believe you will like what you see. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It was hard for them to focus on working when they were here cleaning up a lot of false statements and comments about their product and giving them a black eye.

See, this is exactly the attitude that led them into trouble in the first place. There were NOT a lot of "false statements and comments" giving them a black eye. There WERE a lot of _paying customers_ who had problems with the software and questions about the product.

There were a number of information "slippages" that raised large questions which went unanswered. When questions go unanswered, people tend to speculate. That's fine. The best way to eliminate speculation is to provide information. It could have been handled quickly and cleanly. All they had to do is come out and tell us what was happening.

Sorry, if TimeTrax can't handle constructive criticism, or any criticism for that matter, then maybe they should just close the forums. It would save everyone involved a lot of time and trouble. From our perspective, it just appeared that the last thing they wanted was to hear an honest opinion from their customers. The only black eye they got was self-inflicted, and it happened the second they started deleting honest comments and questions.

And frankly, hiding behind the "It's a support forum only" statement demonstrates the total about-face that they made. For months that forum was a _discussion_ forum, and they had no trouble at all with us talking to them and one another about their product and what we wanted out of it.

The very page on TimeTraxTech that links to this site says:

We have discontinued hosting our own forums, but have worked closely with satelliteguys.us to arrange for a place for Timetrax enthusiasts to communicate with each other and the Time Trax team.
That's a discussion forum, not a support forum.

The fact remains that the minute things didn't go exactly as planned, they clammed up and slammed the door on us. How could we help but to react to that?

Incredible explaination and follow up with facts.

I guess to go down the road of the speculation would be to suggest that the company is possibly being purchased or handed over. It would be possible that the transfer of power is moving from the guy your created, envisioned, programmed and then possibly SOLD it to his financial backers.

This would explain a lot - and also help us understand why they've been a little tight keyboarded :) with explainations (instead of tight lipped - but its not funny when you have to explain silly little jokes now does it? :) )

Obviously - this is total speculation - I have no association with the group of people at Time Trax who are being quiet :) (nor have I had any in the past)

They have given theirselves a black eye... how many companies have customers that would put up with a faulty product? A product that after being in beta-testing forever, the new version has all the old bugs and more! I am disgusted by them, since day one their software has not worked and it keeps getting worse!

Time trax can do one thing to resolve this, release the code to get the information from the timetrax unit... this way someone can code a program, a simple one, that actually works. They can make the money from the hardware still, just give us a chance to use it for what it was made for!

They have a great piece of hardware, the software sucks and they should be ashamed at what they have given us. They need to start from scratch; this program needs a tattered house coat! ( o&A refernce, of course )

All O&A fans, audible.com has had a year of the show for $9.99, you get a $60 right before confirming your order... a great back up for when (not if) Time Trax fails you. I've had mine for a month and it is great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)