Optical Cable splitter?

jwprimetime

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
My audio receiver only has one optical input, which I currently have my DVD connected to. Is there such a thing as an optical splitter so that I can run my 811 optically as well?

jwprimetime said:
My audio receiver only has one optical input, which I currently have my DVD connected to. Is there such a thing as an optical splitter so that I can run my 811 optically as well?

Does your DVD player have a coax digital output? If so, I'd use that. In fact, I did just that when I had a 6000 and a DVD player attached to my Teac receiver. I now have a Denon receiver that has opticals and coaxes for all inputs and use optical only.

There are switches that can be controlled remotely but the cost goes sky high compared to the one mentioned in the above link, or as mentioned earlier as an option you can use a digital cable for the other source.

I bought a splitter off of ebay and it worked for about a week then I could not get audio from my 811, I swapped cables and everything. I bought a switch from Radio Shack (less than $20) and have been happy since. It takes about two seconds to switch it.

You may have a small problem with a optical splitter and the 811 because the 811 optical output is on all the time (I think even when the unit is power "off").