Ordered sunday ticket with remote and without phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MinervaMob

Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
New York
Hey guys Im new here. Ive had dtv for less than 3 months. I never had a phone line but the option to order with my remote was still available. My wife ordered a movie and i ordered the sunday ticket for 49.99 for 7 months( its now actually 30 bucks cheaper). I found it funny though that it wasnt on my bill. Then I found out about the phone line thing. Now dtv has taken away the option of ordering with my remote and on all ppv channnels it says i have to call. But on my purchases it says nfl sunday ticket for 49.99. Will I still get the package or do I have to call them to confirm? I dont want to be billed twice!

You will be billed once the phone line is plugged in, till then you won't be billed ....
However, as you noticed, D* can and does shut your access off until it calls in.

What probably triggered it was the ST purchase.

They saw that and shut the access down because it could call in (modem).

You won't get billed twice, but you really should call in and pay the bill.
If not, you probably won't be seeing your ST on Sunday's.

I'm not sure why anyone would NOT call in when ordering ST anyways, if you order over the remote your gonna pay that exact amount, if you call in theres always a chance of getting it cheaper.

When you call in your PPV movie will also be on the bill.

You can order movies online without any service charge and you don't need a phone or internet to get ST. There is a channel you can go to in the low 200s that will tell you if you are confirmed for Sunday Ticket. Check from 220 on down.

You can order movies online without any service charge and you don't need a phone or internet to get ST. There is a channel you can go to in the low 200s that will tell you if you are confirmed for Sunday Ticket. Check from 220 on down.

That is channel 112 that will tell you if you are authorized for the ST.
Good call on checking there Joe, this way he'll know if it took for sure.

Even with the phone line connected, order your PPV movies using the website so the movie or event is mirrored to all of your receivers. If you order using your remote, the show only plays on that single TV.

Sunday Ticket is different; it is mirrored to all receivers regardless of how you order it.

Hey guys Im new here. Ive had dtv for less than 3 months. I never had a phone line but the option to order with my remote was still available. My wife ordered a movie and i ordered the sunday ticket for 49.99 for 7 months( its now actually 30 bucks cheaper). I found it funny though that it wasnt on my bill. Then I found out about the phone line thing. Now dtv has taken away the option of ordering with my remote and on all ppv channnels it says i have to call. But on my purchases it says nfl sunday ticket for 49.99. Will I still get the package or do I have to call them to confirm? I dont want to be billed twice!

Is your receiver connected to the internet?

Get that receiver connected either via phone or ethernet quick.

If it every connects in the future or you send the receiver back (say if it dies) they will poll that card and you could get charged for NFLST, could even be well after the season.
Not worth the risk, get it connected to a ethernet internet connection or phone so it can call home.

If you don't want ST, do it quick, then after it is on the account call to cancel. I would hate to see anyone double billed for ST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)