Original Xbox live?

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Is this still alive? I got my son hooked up with his 360 on Xbox live. It was rather painless and I took over his old Xbox. Does the original community have plenty of gamers? How do you get connected if it does?

Its still live, however the last time I was on it there wasn't many people for some games. It seems many have converted to 360's live. But to access Xbox live, you must have a game with the "Xbox Live" logo. If you do go to the Online Play tab or the Multi-player tab on any of the available title to access, must have your sons password and user id to access!

Yeah what Smthkd said. Both Xbox and Xbox 360 connect to the same live. If you have Halo2 you can play people that have 360's playing Halo 2 also.

Its still live, however the last time I was on it there wasn't many people for some games. It seems many have converted to 360's live. But to access Xbox live, you must have a game with the "Xbox Live" logo. If you do go to the Online Play tab or the Multi-player tab on any of the available title to access, must have your sons password and user id to access!

Thank you that is what I thought. I'm waiting for a price drop on the 360 before upgrading.

Wait for May 1st..... Supposedly a newer version of the console is coming with a bigger hard drive.... This won't fit the "cheaper" price you are looking for, but I encourage you to bite the bullet and go with the expected bigger drive.

Either that or buy a used one at EBGames... When the new console ships with the bigger drive a LOT of people will trade them in to get the beefier hard drive, quieter fan, and black shell (I've since solved the glaring white look by getting the dark blue Halo3 faceplate... not as jarring anymore in my equipment stack)