Orlando PBS Station WMFE going off the air

I've never looked at PBS that way. Good programs are good programs. I was thinking more about PBS being one of the first Networks to go on the air. Anyway, they have had some good programming. NOVA , etc. I really like PBS. I would have no problem if they had to go the way of commercials to survive. They only sold for $3 million dollars. Wow. Now if WGBH in Boston goes under that's going to be the end of PBS . WGBH was the station that produced many of the shows like ZOOM etc that us baby boomers grew up on.

This is one of my earliest memories of PBS .

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, Daystar has some nice children's programming. Wish they had an affiliate here, I miss the one we had when we had Atlanta locals. At least Dish carries it, but I miss having it in the locals where the kids could watch it when we're in the camper.

I've never looked at PBS that way. Good programs are good programs. I was thinking more about PBS being one of the first Networks to go on the air. Anyway, they have had some good programming. NOVA , etc. I really like PBS. I would have no problem if they had to go the way of commercials to survive.
I would have no problem with that. Several cable networks do the same and quite successfully with the same type of programming.

It's the constant pledge drives that turn viewers off.

PBS in and above is such a viable service, and it's really sad when almost all of them have to rely on begging for help to stay afloat - sometimes it's all I watch - depends on what's on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts