OT Frequent Bulb Failure (on TV) since new install, any link???

the4lams

Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Hey, I know this is weird, but I have a Hitachi 60V500A LCD that I have had for about 2 1/2 years. I just had E* installed on Wednesday (7/26/06) and since that then I have had the lamp (bulb) light come on 3 times. This is the third time and each time I think it is the bulb needing to be replaced, but if I unplug it for about 10 minutes and plug it back in it works fine. Is this pure coincidence that this is happening on could there be something wrong with the install that may be causing this to happen. This has happened once or twice before it the past 2 1/2 years, but mainly from the kids turning it on and off without waiting for the bulb to totally shut off. I have the 622 hooked up to TV1 and TV2. Is it just the bulb getting ready to die or is there a link?
Thanks!!!

Welcome to the light bulb TV world!.The light bulb is only good for 3,000 to 6,000
hours so depending how much TV you watch per day will be how long it lasts.Then
you have to replace the bulb most menu's have a counter that tell you how many
hours are on the bulb.The one benefit is once you have the bulb replaced your TV will again look like brand new.Good Luck!

4 hours a day, 7 days a week, 130 weeks (roughly) = 3600 hours (roughly)
EDIT - I checked the specs on that lamp, it is rated for UP TO 5000 hours. You are probably getting near 75% of the rated life, and depending how often you turn your TV on/off the lamp could be getting close to the end of it's life. Replace the lamp before it goes out completly, you will probably notice the picture looks better too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)