OTA Digital Problems (Philadelphia Area)

ddepalma

Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I have a CM-4228 antenna with two CM-7777 amplifiers (the second amp didn’t help much).
The run from my antenna to TV is about 100 feet of more.

The problem I’m having is that I’m loosing channels. Last August, I got all the channels listed below:
Station, Channel, Distance, Direction to Transmitter
CBS 3-1, 26, 23.8 miles, 165
ABC 6-1, 64, 23.8 miles, 165
NBC 10-1, 67, 24.0 miles, 164
FOX 29-1, 42, 22.9 miles, 163
WB 17-1, 54, 24.0 miles, 164
UPN 57-1, 32, 24.0 miles, 164

Last November, I lost channels 32 and 54. Last week I lost channel 67 (which was a good signal).
I have a “Perfect10 Digiair” so, I connected it directly to the antenna. I received no signal on the Digiair from the three lost channels. Rotating the antenna does not help.

Can anyone tell me why the signals are no longer reaching my antenna??
Is there anything that I can do??
Thanks!

Last edited:
:welcome
Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

Have you tried the 4228 without any pre-amps? The 4228 alone is good enough to pick up those signals from your distance. Your cable run is not that long, if you used good quality cable. There is such a thing as over amplification.

I tried without any amps and with one amp. It didn't help with the channels that I lost. The other signals got weaker. I send emails to the station engineers but, no one replied. I'll try calling them.
Thanks

Have you tried rescanning your digital channels? Their PSIP may have gone down or changed and your tuner no linger looks for them correctly.

Which direction are you from Roxborough, I am about 20miles west (as the crow flies) and I am using a Silver Sensor with a motorola signal booster feeding a Dish 6000.
I pick up 3,6,10,29 and 57 (DT) without any problem 12 and 17 seem to have a little multipath at times I can also pick up 35, and 65 (spanish station) without a problem they are not HD.

ddepalma said:
I have a CM-4228 antenna with two CM-7777 amplifiers (the second amp didn’t help much).
The run from my antenna to TV is about 100 feet of more.

Can anyone tell me why the signals are no longer reaching my antenna??
Is there anything that I can do??
Thanks!

It sounds like a problem in a connector. Make sure that they are waterproof and properly crimped.

Yes, I tried re-scanning. I'm north, north west of Roxborough. I did receive all channels except 12 last summer. The channels started to drop off in November (when the leaves began falling off the trees). I checked the signals directly at the antenna using a “Perfect10 Digiair”. When testing with the “Perfect10 Digiair”, I use a 3 feet piece of cable connected directly to the balun. This eliminates my cable and the amps. I don't get any signal for 10, 17, 57. I use to receive them last summer. I changed the balun and antenna. Thinking one maybe bad. But, no change. I don't understand why channel 3 (which also is transmitted out of Roxborough) comes in so strong and all the other channels are so weak or not at all. I just don't understand it. It guess I'll just have to except it. Thanks for all of the input.

I live in Maryland and I’m trying to get theses same channels. The only thing I can think is that 3 is transmitting at a higher level. I can receive 6 and 57 sometimes. I'm still working on the problem, I fox29 transmitting in digital yet.

Older thread but since I am in the area I thought I would ask if you ever found the problem. I know from where I receive these channels it is about 50 miles west of Phila. For me 10 and 17 seem stationed together, while 3,6 and 29 are stationed together while 57 stands on it's own.
3 and 29 are my strongest signal while 17 is my weakest with 10 close behind. I do get digital from all broadcasters when available. The spread on my rotator for 17 and 57 is about 20 degrees so I'm unsure how to loose them two while the other station's fall between them both where I am at, but it could be different where you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts