OTA Digital

wdr61

Original poster
May 17, 2007
Greetings,
I'm new to the site and have some questions regarding OTA. I live in Bristol CT. 06010 I have been on the antenna web page and am still confused as to which antenna would be best. Also, I have several Dish 301 receivers that I own. Can I receive a Digital signal using the OTA and the 301 without having satellite service? My goal is to get rid of the Dish and become content with the local programming and possibly add a FTA dish in the future. Thank you for your help. Bill

There are several new model dvd burners that include ATSC digital OTA tuners, they can't do HD and most of them lack a program guide but they are cheaper than the samsung HD tuner.

Based on just entering your zip code you can probably get all your channels except ABC with a small indoor antenna. ABC might require a larger directional antenna on your roof or maybe will work in the attic.

Not exactly on topic, but I installed a 622 for a customer yesterday in Baltimore City, about 5 miles max from the local broadcast towers. I was able to pick up every local station including the HD variants by just putting a second UHF remote antenna on the OTA antenna input. The signal strenth was between 97% and 100% on all channels by using just that little 6" antenna. I was pretty impressed.

Greetings,
I'm new to the site and have some questions regarding OTA. I live in Bristol CT. 06010 I have been on the antenna web page and am still confused as to which antenna would be best. Also, I have several Dish 301 receivers that I own. Can I receive a Digital signal using the OTA and the 301 without having satellite service? My goal is to get rid of the Dish and become content with the local programming and possibly add a FTA dish in the future. Thank you for your help. Bill

I'm in Cheshire so I can assure you that you can get a good signal from Bristol for ota, but you will need a receiver with an ATSC tuner. Does your television have one? I would suggest using a Channel Master 4228 antenna. It is supposedly UHF only but it will still pick up WTXX dt channel 12 and WTNH dt channel 10 with no problems. In fact, you may not need to turn the antenna at all. I have mine pointed north, but pick up WTNH and WCTX on the back side of the antenna. You might want to ckeck ebay for an ota receiver. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)