OTA playback hopes crushed again.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
OTA recordings made overnight last Monday and early Tuesday played back perfectly later in the day Tuesday.

OTA recordings made since then exhibit the same old problems.

Sigh.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes I did. Set AT for the OTA channel to start one hour before the programs I record and end one hour after. Same result. Unwatchable recording.

Yes I did. Set AT for the OTA channel to start one hour before the programs I record and end one hour after. Same result. Unwatchable recording.
And you set the timer FROM THE HOPPER, not the Joey?

You say you set the AT (AutoTune) to start one hour before and one hour after. That sounds like a timer, not autotune. What you want to do is to set an autotune to your OTA channel, on the Hopper, for a specific time not when to record. After you set your autotune, then, set your timer for your program. What actually happens here is that the Hopper will automatically tune to your preset channel and stay there. Then when your recording timer initiates you should be good to go without issue.

You say you set the AT (AutoTune) to start one hour before and one hour after. That sounds like a timer, not autotune. What you want to do is to set an autotune to your OTA channel, on the Hopper, for a specific time not when to record. After you set your autotune, then, set your timer for your program. What actually happens here is that the Hopper will automatically tune to your preset channel and stay there. Then when your recording timer initiates you should be good to go without issue.
I did exactly this FROM THE H3.

Doing that mine says nothing about Auto Tune. It is just for creating a manual timer. Is that what is meant by the AT terminology? Thanx

Using a 54 remote I select DVR, on the DVR screen move to the top and right to timers. Then press options and move to create timer. Move down to type and select and chose autotune. then move to time and only a start time can be selected.

Did not work for mine either. Recording still pixelated and goofy. Chanel is perfect live. Worth trying though.

We really shouldn't be forced to use a "workaround" (which doesn't for me) to solve a problem that was solved until three updates ago when it broke again which now seems like it will stay forever.

We really shouldn't be forced to use a "workaround" (which doesn't for me) to solve a problem that was solved until three updates ago when it broke again which now seems like it will stay forever.
Ha! Try being a tech these days. There's as many work arounds as there are Hopper/Joey combinations. There are work arounds for Hopper's losing Joey Software. incomplete Joey Software. Black Screens on Joeys. Super Joeys not discovering. Hoppers going black screen. 722's not running automatic check switches. WiFi Joeys not reconnecting to WAPS. WAP's recycling power, EHD's not waking up, and on and on and on. Seems like that's what Dish Network is lately; A collection of work arounds

Ha! Try being a tech these days. There's as many work arounds as there are Hopper/Joey combinations. There are work arounds for Hopper's losing Joey Software. incomplete Joey Software. Black Screens on Joeys. Super Joeys not discovering. Hoppers going black screen. 722's not running automatic check switches. WiFi Joeys not reconnecting to WAPS. WAP's recycling power, EHD's not waking up, and on and on and on. Seems like that's what Dish Network is lately; A collection of work arounds
So what exactly are they doing in the Dish engineering department? The Hopper system is far too mature to have as many bugs as it does. Issues rarely get fixed, and even when they do, new issues spring up. Is it incompetence, lack of information, lack of funding, or some combination of the three?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)