OTA Signal Strength Meter

I just got back into fooling with OTA with my Hopper 3, especially now that 3 out of 18 Dish-provided locals are under dispute and not being carried at this time.
I do not have Hopper Plus.

Info-Recall brings up signal strength.

Home-Settings-OTA Channels where channels in guide are shown...the first time in it did not show signal strength for channels as I moved around the channels in guide. Got back out, went back in to same place,
this time signal strength is shown.

Does yours not work for either method?

I just got back into fooling with OTA with my Hopper 3, especially now that 3 out of 18 Dish-provided locals are under dispute and not being carried at this time.
I do not have Hopper Plus.

Info-Recall brings up signal strength.

Home-Settings-OTA Channels where channels in guide are shown...the first time in it did not show signal strength for channels as I moved around the channels in guide. Got back out, went back in to same place,
this time signal strength is shown.

Does yours not work for either method?
Thanks. Yes, both recall/info procedure and the OTA menu in settings the signal strength meter isn't working. I will fool around with it some more and see if I can get it to work.

Also if you disconnect the Plus and go back to just the Hopper3 the signal strength will show up, but that is kind of a pain to go through all that to see the signal strength.

Also if you disconnect the Plus and go back to just the Hopper3 the signal strength will show up, but that is kind of a pain to go through all that to see the signal strength.
So did you have issue too in your Plus before did the Plus unplug/re- plug? Yep, can be PITA doing that with the Plus. I don't want to do that. When wife gets done watching our Hopper 3, I will do a pull the cord reboot.

So did you have issue too in your Plus before did the Plus unplug/re- plug? Yep, can be PITA doing that with the Plus. I don't want to do that. When wife gets done watching our Hopper 3, I will do a pull the cord reboot.
Yes I couldn't see signal strength with the Plus connected but didn't know about the recall/info trick. Will give that a try.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper 3 pull the cord reboot got the OTA signal strength meter working again. Strange this issue was happening same time on both Hopper Plus & Hopper 3.

Hopper 3 pull the cord reboot got the OTA signal strength meter working again. Strange this issue was happening same time on both Hopper Plus & Hopper 3.
Instead of the full reboot, I wonder what happens if you pull the OTA adapter briefly from the USB port and plug back in...or would that cause a need to re-scan?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Instead of the full reboot, I wonder what happens if you pull the OTA adapter briefly from the USB port and plug back in...or would that cause a need to re-scan?
No telling. I didn't think to perform a pull the cord reboot because issue was happening on both H3 & my Hopper Plus. Go figure.