ota tweeking

ldj

Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
Ok here it is. Zip code 02050 R/S 1260 ant uhf only,25 ft rg6-qs.Samsung ts-450 set-top. All my locals abc,nbc,cbs,pbs,pax,wb,ect. come in at 60-75%. except fox 40% which I really wanted. So I installed a phillips preamp and raised the ant 2ft higher, now 5ft above roof line and all are at 90-100%,except fox, now has digital break-up every 2-3 minutes. Or sometimes the audio and video won't match. Multipath?Too much signal? fox is showing 100%, So I tried a splitter and nothing happened. I've tried moving the ant on the mast 20* side to side and nothing. Should I try moving the whole ant to another location. I'm very fustrated and want fox 100%, football.

Welcome to the forum,
Take out the amp and try it. Is your FOX station at a lower power than the others?
It seems like multipath, You could try a different antenna --Channlemaster 4228
or something with a narrower beam from www.antennasdirect.com

without the amp the results are the same.Fox is at a lower power but only 32 miles away.I'm going to try moving the whole ant. asssembly to the other end of the house. That will add 40ft of cable too, so maybe?? This is addicting and insane at the same time. The results are worth it though.Thanks for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)