OTA upgrade now. Still think I need dish upgrade.

sysctl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I had an appointment last saturday to tune my OTA antenna once again. Got the same results, two channels (CBS and ABC) only coming in sporadically and constantly dropping out. I figured I would wait until the new software came out to see if that made any difference. Got the new software Wednesday night, made no difference. The only difference it made is that now my Satellite channels constantly freeze (every 20 seconds or so). Called Voom tonight, told them my problem, and the CSR immediately stated that Voom does *not* guarantee OTA channels. I thought, in fact, that Voom did guarantee OTA channels? Anyway, she had me reboot my receiver to correct the Satellite problem. I had already done this, but it worked when I did it for the CSR. After that, she asked if she could do anything else, and I asked her to upgrade my OTA as was promised to me last time I called. She agreed, and I have an antenna upgrade scheduled for Tuesday. I really believe that if the techs would mount the dish and antenna on my roof/chimney rather than on the side of my house, the improvements would be drastic. Anyone know what antenna is being used as the upgrade? Any advice/help on the Satellite problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts