Our voice not heard!!!

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Well obviously our voices are not heard, even though Scott does a great job trying.

First NBR on 5XX receivers now the HD-Lite debacle. Charlie said we would get NBR but no. Tech team at DISH said 21 to 15 VOOM channels due to bringing back higher rez, not happening.

We need to somehow organize and get this to the media outlets. This would hurt DISH more than our complaints. If we can somehow prevent them from getting more subs, maybe they will listen.

Anyone have any ideas? I know some of these media outlets would love to do a story on this......

bdemz: now you're talking!

The business world NEVER listens to angry individuals who threaten to take their business elsewhere; but the media? This scares them into action. One avenue, as you suggest, is to go to the press with our story--but being a money-making enterprise, themselves--who knows what side they'll slant it too?

But another is to take up a collection among us and pay for periodical advertisements in the papers to the effect that DISH has been doing these things to its loyal customer base and getting away with it. The false advertising on their part implying true HD should be one point. Legalities must first be checked in the copy, but just to state the history of DISH by quoting them, as recorded in these SatelliteGuys forums with objective facts should do the trick.

When you hit the DISH economic base of future potential customers like this, believe me, DISH will get off its ass.

Lesson Learned: Do not buy a product unless you are satisfied with the features it has when it is released and the channels it can receive.

Oh... I think our voices have been heard. The only problem is our voices are a tiny squeak in the roar of the electronics store showroom.

Most consumers are NEVER going to miss 600 lines of resolution on a 32" HD set. This is where Charlie is basing his decision for HD Lite. The majority of consumers will see the dramatic difference between old analog and digital and the difference between HD Lite and regular digital.

They will never miss what they will never see and surely most will never be able to see the difference between full stream HD and HD Lite on a small set.

Consumers like us with eight foot wide projection screens and fancy large screen rear projection sets are the minority and the exception to the rule.

Majority will drive the market and we are not the majority.

doesn't matter

Selling HD-Lite as HD is false advertising.

The demo channel is showing full HD and saying buy me and get this..

When you get it, it's not....FALSE ADVERTISING

Let's say we do go to media outlets. Outside of the small (very small) percentage of HD nuts like us, who is even going to know or care what HD Lite is?

Everybody is stepping on their signal, D*, cable co's. Until a company commits to using better bandwidth for HD, and shows high subscriber growth, we're going to be stuck with down-rezzed, over compressed pictures.

If we really want to fight a battle it needs to be with the FCC over multicasting. I don't care if a network wants to pump out 4 or 5 crappy resolution channels during the day, but when it comes time to show an HD pic please take down the multicasting and use the 19MHz that the public gave you.

bdemz said:
Selling HD-Lite as HD is false advertising.
The demo channel is showing full HD and saying buy me and get this..
When you get it, it's not....FALSE ADVERTISING

This is probably the best argument I've seen that shows a deliberate attempt to deceive - and also shows that the company acknowledges that there is a material difference in PQ.

Still not a smoking gun - at least until E* moves completely to HD-Lite except on the Demo channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts