Outage due to sun

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I just experienced a 3 minute outage on 110. I am thinking that this is the time of the year where the sun blocks the signal.

We are less than two weeks from the start of spring, the time when the sun lines up with the equator and the sats in geosynchronous orbit.

We are less than two weeks from the start of spring.

Thank God for that, lets hope March goes out like a lamb. boy last year March was nice with temps in the high 70's March 15th here in Michigan. had my boat in the water and was hooting and hollering....

Oh, and I was being sarcastic, and am aware of the solar outages....

As a kid I was always amused by the sun fade each year.. Would watch the good o' analog C-Band signals on cable fade to static then eventually the cable company would put up a cheesy slide with a "sun" on it explaining the issue.

They actually show an animated educational promo on TV Japan explaining the phenomenon. I don't know if it's something they also show on NHK in Japan, or if it's specifically from TV Japan. (NHK also has a DBS system in Japan called BS, which would actually be more a more appropriate name for Uverse.) Dish should do the same on 101, if they don't already do that.

Oddly, cable never refers to this in their outdated criticisms of Sat TV on television and radio.
And don't forget to SET THE CLOCKS AHEAD SAT.
No it's fall forward, spring back... or is it fall back and spring forward?! ACK!!! In 1952, Christopher Columbus sailed the seas of blue. Darn it!

Wasn't it supposed to save energy or something? or have a little more daylight in the morning for the school kids?
I could do without it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts