Over the air channel 19 for people in Hampton Roads area of Virginia

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I think it's a low-powered Virginia station. But if I plug an antenna into a TV and turn to channel 19, I get the Dish Network screen you get when it's trying to acquire a signal. It's been like that for a few days. Anybody else in the Hampton Roads area getting this?

I think it's a low-powered Virginia station. But if I plug an antenna into a TV and turn to channel 19, I get the Dish Network screen you get when it's trying to acquire a signal. It's been like that for a few days. Anybody else in the Hampton Roads area getting this?

I've seen what you're talking about many times in the past (I'm in the Newport News VA area, by the way). One or two of these low powered stations are simply retransmissions of either religious or shopping channels that are acquired using Dish Network equipment. Something occasionally goes wrong and the "acquiring signal" screen will be seen, sometimes for many hours.

I just flipped my television to channel 19 and the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" screen is currently visible. I'm guessing that they're using older equipment, as the style reminds me of the messages that displayed on my first Dish receiver, a JVC branded model, from almost 10 years back.

yep. Here in Minneapolis we use to have a MTV2 translator (Channel 13) and when it would rain the famous green screen and "acquiring signal" would come up.

yep. Here in Minneapolis we use to have a MTV2 translator (Channel 13) and when it would rain the famous green screen and "acquiring signal" would come up.

I think their equipment that provides channel 19 to this part of Virginia must either be dead or horribly out of alignment. With the exception of one thunderstorm on Friday evening, we've been experiencing a mini drought for the past couple of weeks...my lawn mower has been very happy.

The "green screen" is indeed what this one is currently displaying...that brings back memories.

I just checked, and that channel 19 still has the Dish Network "acquiring-signal screen." That's been at least three days. The people who run that channel keep close tabs, don't they? :)

I just checked, and that channel 19 still has the Dish Network "acquiring-signal screen." That's been at least three days. The people who run that channel keep close tabs, don't they? :)

They certainly don't! It's 4:30pm right now, and when I checked 30 minutes ago the "acquiring signal" screen was still there.

When flipping through these low powered stations last year, I would swear that I ran across a Dish Network message on one of them indicating that the service had been suspended for non-payment.

I noticed, a few minutes ago, that the channel was finally back up and airing a retransmission of ShopNBC...not the biggest loss in the world during its downtime. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts