Over the Air Tuner on 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stuhuff

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Is anybody else having issues with the signal quality of the 211 OTA tuner? I have a great signal strength 90+ on all 5 OTA HD channels but one channel (Fox) has a consistent pixelation and signal loss problem when I run the signal through the 211. If I connect the antenna signal directly to my TV there is no pixelation of signal loss. It only happens when the signal runs through the 211...

Is it possible the tuner in the 211 is bad? And if so, why would it happen on one channel only?

Appreciate any help or ideas...by the way, my wife is ready to throw my Dish into the garbage with all the issues we continue to have. After several visits from techs (the latest tech found out that the previous techs had actually installed two switches DPP44 + built in switch in the Dish 1000 LNB - causing me to have to run checkswitches at least 3-4 times a weak to get my signal back).

Havent noticed any problems with my OTA connected via the 211 for FOX. Of course I think a lot of that depends where you are getting the signal from. I am located about 5 miles from the towers. I have my OTA antenna split with one line going to the 211 and the other directly to the TV. I do notice the PQ is slightly better OTA via the TV tuner as compared to the 211 tuner.

I am having the same identical problem with my 622. All OTA signals are strong but I get pixels and breakups on the Fox station. (All the towers are within 3.5 miles and within 9 degrees of each other.)

My 211 also has lower signal levels than my built in tuner in my tv. I would rather use the my 211 so I don't have to switch back and forth but there is definitely a difference. My 211 won't even pick up my local (about 35-40 miles) FOX station but my tv picks it up fine.

Is FOX off the side of the antenna? This could cause problems.

Not sure I understand your question...what do you mean, "off the side of the antenna?" I am using a radio shack 6 foot antenna in my attic and the signal strangth is great. Just the FOX signal keep pixelating when run through the 211.

Very frustrating.

Also, for those of you responding that you have the same issue, are you in the Austin area or is this a larger issue?

The OTA tuner in my 622 is demonstrably inferior to the tuner in my Sony TV. I'm in a deep fringe area so in my case it's definitely a case of lower sensitivity with the 622.

If you are close to the troublesome station(s) you might be having a problem with multipath interference and that can generally be improved by repointing the antenna slightly. It could also be due to the fact that the signal is TOO strong, overloading the tuner. That might also be improved by repointing the antenna off-center of the direction of the offending signal, or perhaps by adding an attenuator. Try using the 10dB attenuator that came with your receiver (the 622 had it, not sure about the 211) or get one from Radio Shack. It's a simple experiment to try to pin-point the problem...

I am definitely having this issue. Full 97% signal on all my channels. Same antenna setup as when I was runnning a 6000 last year. Same antenna fed to two other OTA boxes, they don't have issues. Yet the 211 drops audio/video/pixellation alot, especially on 720p stations (fox abc).

Hammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)