Overseas Support Subpar for Multiple Hopper 3 Install

GooberedUp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2017
Naperville, IL
I am a new member, but have followed these forums for a while.

Recently I saw that two H3 units may be added to an account because of the new switch. Great news, right? I call up Dish support and the CSR very cheerily informs me that two H3 units are now supported. Dish provides one and I buy the other and off we go.

A few days later, just prior to me placing my order for an H3, I call again to confirm. The second time it took a little bit of pushing, but the person was once again able to confirm that I can do what the first CSR said. Good. So I place my order.

Yesterday, at about 7:30 eastern time (outside their recommended hours, which should have been a tip-off) I called to set up an appointment to get my system upgraded. I currently have two H2 units and 5 Joeys (one being a 4K Joey). I knew the call wasn't going to go well when the heavily accented person informed me initially that my purchased 4K Joey isn't compatible with the H3. I told him he was wrong and that I wanted my system upgraded to two H3 units and Joey 2.0 units.He said he would check. A few minutes later he comes back and says that the 4K unit indeed works with the H3. He also tells me that two H3 units can't be done. I told him that indeed it can be done and to go talk to his people again. At any rate, after a lot of back and forth on this, I got tired of it and hung up the connection when he was transferring me to his supervisor who would support him in saying that only a single H3 was allowed.

As we need to do in these situations, I resigned myself to playing the CSR lottery. However, I was very lucky and reached an American CSR on my very next call. He also wasn't sure about two H3 units on a single account, but was very willing to find out. He put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back and said it was no problem. We went through the spiel, agreement and charge. He set me up with an appointment and we were done. I don't think it took even 15 minutes. The first call took almost half an hour.

tl;dr: If you get a foreign CSR, hang up as soon as possible and call until you hear an American accent.

I am a new member, but have followed these forums for a while.

Recently I saw that two H3 units may be added to an account because of the new switch. Great news, right? I call up Dish support and the CSR very cheerily informs me that two H3 units are now supported. Dish provides one and I buy the other and off we go.

A few days later, just prior to me placing my order for an H3, I call again to confirm. The second time it took a little bit of pushing, but the person was once again able to confirm that I can do what the first CSR said. Good. So I place my order.

Yesterday, at about 7:30 eastern time (outside their recommended hours, which should have been a tip-off) I called to set up an appointment to get my system upgraded. I currently have two H2 units and 5 Joeys (one being a 4K Joey). I knew the call wasn't going to go well when the heavily accented person informed me initially that my purchased 4K Joey isn't compatible with the H3. I told him he was wrong and that I wanted my system upgraded to two H3 units and Joey 2.0 units.He said he would check. A few minutes later he comes back and says that the 4K unit indeed works with the H3. He also tells me that two H3 units can't be done. I told him that indeed it can be done and to go talk to his people again. At any rate, after a lot of back and forth on this, I got tired of it and hung up the connection when he was transferring me to his supervisor who would support him in saying that only a single H3 was allowed.

As we need to do in these situations, I resigned myself to playing the CSR lottery. However, I was very lucky and reached an American CSR on my very next call. He also wasn't sure about two H3 units on a single account, but was very willing to find out. He put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back and said it was no problem. We went through the spiel, agreement and charge. He set me up with an appointment and we were done. I don't think it took even 15 minutes. The first call took almost half an hour.

tl;dr: If you get a foreign CSR, hang up as soon as possible and call until you hear an American accent.
Thanks for posting your story. You did good and the right thing. Hope you enjoy your two Hopper 3 system.

Reactions: GooberedUp
You don’t have to hang up. Just insist that they transfer you to an American Agent. They will try to get out of doing that, and I assume it’s because they probably take a hit On their metrics, but you have that right. I know the powers that be to watch this for him don’t like what I’m about to say but until they change it I will stand by the fact that the only way you’ll ever get anything done efficiently is to not talk to one of the foreign agents.

You don’t have to hang up. Just insist that they transfer you to an American Agent. They will try to get out of doing that, and I assume it’s because they probably take a hit On their metrics, but you have that right. I know the powers that be to watch this for him don’t like what I’m about to say but until they change it I will stand by the fact that the only way you’ll ever get anything done efficiently is to not talk to one of the foreign agents.
I had a Philippine CSR one time and her supervisor transferred me to the Office of the President without me requesting it. I was shocked.

I asked to be transferred to an American agent, but the guy just kept putting me on hold and checking with someone. It must have happened at least four times. By then I was just tired of dealing with it. I didn't want to hang up on him personally, so I waited until he put me on hold again for the call transfer.

We shouldn't have to deal with that kind of thing though. On a happier note, I've always been pretty happy with Dish CS in general.

I had a Philippine CSR one time and her supervisor transferred me to the Office of the President without me requesting it. I was shocked.

I am leery to believe that there actually is an office of the president. I was in telemarketing when I was young and whenever we would tell a customer we had to confirm with a manager, it meant handing the phone to the telemarketer at the next desk

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)