Paid OTA TV Expanding - How it Impacts Free OTA TV

Many car radios (including all current Honda models) support HD Radio.

What confuses me with my 2014 Honda Odyssey’s radio which is supposedly a HD radio is that I can’t receive the WEEC HD streams. I only get the main broadcast content. Yet it does show the song data.
Is there a way to tune the subchannels? I would love to receive HD2 since that carries the old classic hymns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What confuses me with my 2014 Honda Odyssey’s radio which is supposedly a HD radio is that I can’t receive the WEEC HD streams.
You may not get a strong enough signal to capture the HD Radio feed. It is certainly that your eight year old Odyssey doesn't support HD Radio. The feature was not deployed in all models and all trim levels at the same time.
I only get the main broadcast content. Yet it does show the song data.
Song information does NOT require HD Radio. It can be embedded in an analog carrier as well using a protocol called Radio Data System (RDS).
Is there a way to tune the subchannels? I would love to receive HD2 since that carries the old classic hymns
In looking at the Honda Technology Guide for various models, it may have only been available on the navigation radio (or not at all) on the 2014 Odyssey.

My 2010 Mazda 3 doesn't have HD radio, which is likely a good thing since a lot of the newer Mazda's that do, recently got bricked by a particular broadcast from an HD station

Reactions: comfortably_numb
  • Haha
Reactions: primestar31
  • Haha
I am happy with my Tesla. But a guy across the street a couple doors down has an old Camaro. EXCELLENT shape. Engine to wake the dead. I still admire that car.

Even if it might still have points to set the gap while “tuning it up” now and then. He works on it A LOT. And I’m sure it’s a labor of love.

Few seem to want those.
Ha. From the stats I've seen, ICE is still outselling EVs. It's just wishful thinking that the majority wants an electric vehicle. Just like some people think that the majority of Americans want a single payer health system. Or that the majority wants to ban guns.

Is it want or afford? I paid less than $20k for my Nissan in 2018. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having to spend double or triple that for an EV.
I paid $27,000 for my 2016 Xterra. But I won't pay $40,000+ for an EV or even for an ICE. If I could afford them I would consider buying one but I would buy an ICE sportscar before an EV. I paid $26,000 for my 2002 Mustang but I won't buy a Mustang Mach E because it doesn't look as stylish and it's quite expensive. Right now I'd rather replace the engine and/or transmission in my existing vehicles before buying a new vehicle to replace them. Besides, it seems that a lot of new vehicles are more flash than reliable. I have zero interest in buying an EV.

Right now I'd rather replace the engine and/or transmission in my existing vehicles before buying a new vehicle to replace them

That's a good plan, especially considering the inflated price of new vehicles right now due to the "chip shortage." My daughter drives a 2006 Monte Carlo and it's in good shape except the transmission is beginning to have issues. Normally that would be a sign for me to buy a new vehicle, but this time I think replacing the transmission is a better investment.

That's a good plan, especially considering the inflated price of new vehicles right now due to the "chip shortage." My daughter drives a 2006 Monte Carlo and it's in good shape except the transmission is beginning to have issues. Normally that would be a sign for me to buy a new vehicle, but this time I think replacing the transmission is a better investment.
You might want to try draining the transmission fluid from the pan and replace the transmission filter first. That might help. Some people have had success doing a complete flush of the transmission fluid - the idea being that if it's already broken then what do you have to lose. A lot depends on how bad the transmission fluid looks. But if you do the service yourself, you might run into an issue where you don't have a transmission dipstick which will complicate refilling the transmission fluid. There are several youtube videos that show how to change or flush the fluid - sometimes they are vehicle specific. Anyway, that might save you the cost of replacing or rebuilding the transmission.

Ha. From the stats I've seen, ICE is still outselling EVs.
You didn't follow the line of reasoning. My assertion was that few wanted small, fuel-efficient ICE-powered cars.

Much of this comes from the unappealing small car offerings from the auto makers (foreign and domestic) along with the readily apparent tendency towards buying tall, gangly vehicles that weigh more than a '70s vintage sedan.

You didn't follow the line of reasoning. My assertion was that few wanted small, fuel-efficient ICE-powered cars.

Much of this comes from the unappealing small car offerings from the auto makers (foreign and domestic) along with the readily apparent tendency towards buying tall, gangly vehicles that weigh more than a '70s vintage sedan.
"Roger". If they have a turbo people might find the 4 bangers appealing. But I've heard that turbos reduce the life expectancy of engines. I've also heard that not many V6s are being produced but the V8s are alive and well and will be for the foreseeable future. If people want to buy new vehicles, EV or ICE, I hope they're budgeting for the higher insurance, higher license plate fees, sales tax and finance charges that come along with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)