Pansat ot Fortec?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PilotS77

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
I just need opinions concerning Fortec and Pansat, I am looking to buy one but I need to know which one is better and more importantly which one does not have problems with my SG-2100 motor. My Microyal 900 has no problem driving the motor.

Thanks!

Same here! I have now installed quite a few of each and I much prefer the Fortec!

I love my Pansat 2500a you should look into the new 2700a, I can't comment on how it works with the motor though since mine is slaved to my 4d.

I have a fortec and the sg1200 and a switch and I am using USALS and 1.2 at the same time, and the fortec handles it all just fine. I really like it, but granted, it is the only one I have used.

Tommyboy said:
I had both of them. I prefer the Fortec Lifetime Ultra
same

i have a Multistar Pantec MX with a fortec remote and fortec software (very cheap if you know where to look and get the factory flashes). It controls my winegard 30" w/fortec universal LNB on a SG2100 motor and i couldn't be happier. the pansat 2500a, pantec MX and fortec lifetime ultra all have the same hardware and are 100% compatible with each other. the software is where they differ. The pantec and pansat software are the same, just with all references to pansat and panarex changed to pantec. the ulrta software is quite different however. much more organized menus, slicker graphics, and more stable when it comes to things like blind scanning (if you want to find feeds you NEED a stable blind scan (called power scan. on pansat it is called smart search)

Are you saying that anyone with a pansat could potentially upgrade it to work just like the Fortec?

Wholeshoe

wholeshoe yes, however the pansat and fortec use different remotes. you would need to buy a fortec remote to use the fortec software on your pansat. you can find fortec remotes on the web.

Fortec for me too.
Pansat picture is too dark to suit me. Any dark shadows or night scenes have an overwhelming blackness. Same TV, both receivers connected with S-Cable, using
a switch box, side by side comparision. Switching to the Fortec I can see detail
in the dark areas that is totally black on the Pansat. Faces are darker on the Pansat.
Some peeps have claimed Pansat gives a better picture, but from my test the Fortec
picture has a much better "Balance."

Thank you for all the replies. I ordered a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and can't wait till it arrives! I am sure I will need your help when it arrives as well.

Again thank you

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts