Parial lost signal--recovery

I wonder if this is why they don't want to come out with the ota module for the hopper so they don't have to provide support for it. LOL I had these exact problems both of them when I had my 722's and I blew up like 3 lnb's. I truly wonder if that ota causes some kind of back feed and blows out the lnb's. I can't picture owning all of my own equipment and having to deal with all of the tech part on my own. I thankfully just pay my monthly due and call them up and say its broken come fix it. (and might I say that protection plan came in handy when lightning struck and took out the dish the 44 switch 2 722's and a 512).

Last edited:
Well, I replaced the lnb for now with 2 Dishpro's from Dish 500's. I'm glad I had two coax's going to it, and am still using a DPP44 switch. I measured exactly where the center of the heads were for each sat before removing the bad lnb. I then made a "T" stick, and pushed the end into the lnb holder and a bit up the arm, leaving the cross-piece out and laying on a parallel line where the original twin one was. I then laid down (thank goodness circular doesn't have to be skewed!) each DP lnb on each end of the stick (head-to-head, but apart a bit), aimed them where they needed to be, then wire-tied them down and I covered them with a plastic bag for now (waterproofing). I barely got this all done before a thunderstorm hit last night!

I checked levels on all the transponders for my DMA, and I'm hitting minimums or above. So, I'm cool (my wife won't kill me that is) until my warranty replacement lnb shows up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)