Paterno should be applauded!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This will be a character builder for this team. Got to meet JoPa when he was recruiting a friend of mine, really nice guy. (My friend ended up signing with him, and later played for the Detroit (rebuilding since 1957) Lions).

Vurbano-
I agree with you totally.

There's too much BS going on with college football today - especially all the thefts, beatings, etc. going on with the Florida States, Miami's, and the like.

This will continue to show that Penn State refuses to be grouped in with the ghetto thug colleges of today.

It sounds a lot like something that Bear Bryant would have done. When Joe Namath was caught partying at the Jungle Club, he was suspended for the Auburn game and the Sugar Bowl, which was really big time. Steve Sloan was the backup and led the team to a 12-7 Sugar Bowl win on 4 field goals. Namath sat home, but in later years said (what else could he say) that the Bear had taught him a lot about what to do in life. Joe Paterno is about the last of that generation, and I applaud his dedication.

But why should the "good" kids that weren't involved be penalized. For "every" game??
The team transcends the individual. The resultant peer pressure from truly good guys is strong(er) assurance that this won't happen again. In this particular incident there was plenty of anecdotal evidence that altho' only 6 were initially charged quite a few more that could have been implicated...

The team transcends the individual. The resultant peer pressure from truly good guys is strong(er) assurance that this won't happen again. In this particular incident there was plenty of anecdotal evidence that altho' only 6 were initially charged quite a few more that could have been implicated...
Bingo!!!!!! When you run into teams where players are out of control you also see that the players are not really a part of a "team". The entire team must be punished to form that philosophy that every last player represents every other player and they all suffer if just one of them screws up. Same thing on the field as well. One mistake by one player on one play can affect the entire team and game.

It sounds a lot like something that Bear Bryant would have done. When Joe Namath was caught partying at the Jungle Club, he was suspended for the Auburn game and the Sugar Bowl, which was really big time. Steve Sloan was the backup and led the team to a 12-7 Sugar Bowl win on 4 field goals. Namath sat home, but in later years said (what else could he say) that the Bear had taught him a lot about what to do in life. Joe Paterno is about the last of that generation, and I applaud his dedication.

Judging from Namath's life since then, I would say the lessn didn't really take.;)

I heard this on the local sports talk show the other day and thought: This is how it should be done.

I totally support JoePa on his actions. Bowden would have just looked the other way. UM would have suspended the players for the FAMU game.

It will do those guys some good, they don't go to PSU to become thugs. I feel the same way about my team. If someone is going to do stupid things then boot them off the team for good, better yet, make it clear that if that is the way they want to act then don't even bother enrolling in the school. Kudos to JoePa

:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)