Patience & perseverance paid off with a great upgrade finally

ntechnic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
I have posted about my complaint about the Dishin' it up promo. I'm one of the rare households with three HD TVs and have three HD receivers--an owned 6000 and two leased 811's.

After a couple of horrendously bad experiences with CSR's (one was out right rude and I mean RUDE to me), I was considering leaving E* for cable. I called my local Time Warner and got all the info and costs together. But I decided to try one last time, this time e-mailing the "ceo" address I learned of from this forum.

I'm a seven year customer, with E* 1000 installed, AEP, HD, pay with credit card account each month--probably about as high a customer score as they get.

Well, thank you SatelliteGuys.us! I received an e-mail from someone within 15 minutes of e-mailing the ceo address. They made me a great offer, two 622's and a 211 for less than $500 with no installation. To activate, the representative gave me their direct extension number and said to call them and they'd personally take care of my activation. I was told I'm the kind of customer they do not want to lose, and they made me happy.

I deliberately waited a couple of months of for the upgrade furor to die down, and receiver availability to go up. While I had bad experience with the regular CSR's, I have to give D* their due--they made a loyal customer happy.

Last edited:
D* = DirectTV
E* = Echostar aka Dish
There is no 611, it is a 622 -- generally the final 2 means it has 2 outputs as in 322 522 942 but not in 921 721 301 501 etc. Don't ask about 625.
FWIW

Thank you, duly noted and edited. I was in a hurry because my kids wanted me downstairs to play a game, plus I'm dyslexic, seriously.

My neighbor has a 622 and I've seen it action and am looking forward to recording hi-def--finally!

I guess one point is that I think the first 'rush' is over, and E* is becoming more flexible, maybe? I have no doubt the deals will get even better by the fall.

Early adopters always pay a premium, but us followers would be lost with their trail blazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts