Patriots vs Giants - Compare NFL Network Hd, NBC Hd, CBS Hd.

I'm in Boston area so we had 4+ feeds

1. CBS HD (OTA) 2 feeds Boston & Providence
2. NFL Network (DISH & Comcast)
3. ABC HD (OTA) Boston
4. NBC HD (OTA) 2 feeds Boston & Providence

The Patriots looked great winning on NFL-HD, CBS-OTA and NBC-OTA. I had no complaints about the outcome on any of them. :D:D:D

I never tried NBC, but started on CBS and then switched to NFL Network HD. They looked identical.

I am not sure the comparative analysis will do anything other than to say how NFL network compares with the local CBS/NBC feed you were watching.

NFL was a little better in picture quality than the OTA. However, the OTA was broadcasting in Dolby Digital and NFL was in Dolby Prologic

Anyone else loving the I Want My NFL Network! ??

Wow... what a faulty set of facts... where to begin....

"FACT: Although more than 222 million Americans watched NFL football last year, the cable companies argue that NFL Network’s audience is too small to justify a spot in the basic lineup. Yet they manage to offer less popular sports channels they own, like Versus and the Golf Channel, on basic cable."

NFL Network airs only 8 regular season live games per season. Sure, 222 million Americans may have watched NFL football last year, but many of those Americans only watched The Superbowl. Many others, like myself, watch their home team games and nothing more, until playoffs, which they don't air games of either. Last I checked, none of those regular season live games (my team) showed up on the NFL Network this season (or ever).

The above "fact" from their website is comparing apples to oranges when comparing to Golf Channel or Versus to the NFL Network. Versus airs TONS of games all season long. Not just 8 regular season games. When the NFL goes to renew contracts with NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc, they should offer them less games and put more games on their network. They won't do that because they will lose a boatload of money. But if they aired many more games, you can bet they would find a place on basic cable. They want their cake and eat it too. They don't offer enough content to be part of basic cable in the analog tier. I get cable and Dish and I never watch The NFL Network. Dish is about to lose me as a customer for other reasons (mainly lack of new HD channel adds, now my cable company has all the same HD except Voom and NFL Network).

I could certainly live without NFL Network. The day they start airing more games, my team specifically, I would then watch it, but they'd have to air games on a regular basis and not 1 game per season of each team. If cable offered it in a higher sports package, I'd pay for it if I wanted it bad enough. I have no problem with the cable company putting it up there in their $ports package as opposed to basic cable. This whole fight is silly and the NFL Network is the biggest crybaby of them all.

This channel should be offered wherever the cable company wants to put it, not where NFL Network wants it. How dare this NFL Network website put down Versus. If I was only allowed one, I would pick the NHL and their longer season and more action packed games over the NFL any day!

The NFL is one of the most money hungry businesses out there. They have their billion dollar television contracts. They have Sunday Ticket. They have high as hell ticket prices to the games, if you can even get tickets to most teams. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired.

But anyway. Back on topic. I didn't watch the game but I'm sure my BHN cable carriage of CBS or NBC HDs blew away that of NFL HD on my Dish. And if for some reason they looked crummy, my CBS HD station with $50 Radioshack OTA antenna looks excellent on each of the two HD sets I have one on. Dish doesn't offer HD locals in my area.

I'm not sure. ESPN HD on D* and E* will look horrible.

I wonder if it is just the two sat. companys that look bad or is it all cable companys also. I use to have Charter but I cannot remember Espn hd being this bad.

In Pensacola, FL with a Dish 722

1.CBS OTA
2. NBC OTA
3. NFL NET on Dish

Also, NFL is the one making out. They ran commercials that they got paid for. They ran NFL Net commercials free nation wide. They ran there Iwantnflnetwork.com thing nation wide.
If the government forced the nets to carry this then NFL net should pay them.

I was hoping for a choice of anouncers, so I would not have to listen to Gumbie.

I'm not sure. ESPN HD on D* and E* will look horrible.
Not all the time. ESPN generally looks good on mine. Some days it IS bad, most it is average to above average (compared to other HD). The same can be true for most channels. Some stuff just looks better.

Houston NBC OTA HD, 5.1 DD was the winner for me. CBS was second, picture was great but sound was not the same as on NBC, though it was 5.1 DD. The sound was crap on NFL HD!? To me sound is almost as important as picture.

Didn't try OTA, for some reason it didn't cross my mind, but CBS was the best in both picture and sound, followed by NFL, then NBC. HD picture on NBC here in S FL is always inferior to the other majors, both through Dish and OTA and the sound is always horrible, even when in DD5.1, which was even more apparent when watching the game and switching back and forth.

Houston NBC OTA HD, 5.1 DD was the winner for me. CBS was second, picture was great but sound was not the same as on NBC, though it was 5.1 DD. The sound was crap on NFL HD!? To me sound is almost as important as picture.

The sound wasn't 5.1 from NFL Network, so the 5.1 you were seeing via OTA was really 2.0 labelled as 5.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)