Peachtree Network Question....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeremyburns007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
I noticed it was uplinked in HD. Is that only for Atlanta? I'm in Birmingham, and I was wondering if we would get it regionally. TIA.

Yes, WPCH is a local channel, however, Dish subscribers in the Braves market (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and parts of North Carolina) should soon be able to see the Braves games that are on Peachtree, but that's all that you will see from Peachtree unless you live or "move" to Atlanta.

unless they can market it as a RSN for just the Braves games, they can't legally sell it outside of Atlanta...remember...WPCH is a Atlanta DMA based channel

Well DirectTV and local cable outlets have it, somehow. Maybe not as a fulltime channel, I don't know any details.

The next SuperstationWTBS?

Everything I see around here says DT has a completely different set of rules. Maybe there are no set rules on this yet. I thought I saw that it is uplinked to both 61.5 and 129. And a ConUS beam on both.

Ya gotta wonder. :rolleyes:

The next SuperstationWTBS?

Everything I see around here says DT has a completely different set of rules. Maybe there are no set rules on this yet. I thought I saw that it is uplinked to both 61.5 and 129. And a ConUS beam on both.

Ya gotta wonder. :rolleyes:
Not quite, 61.5 is spotbeam.

Well DirectTV and local cable outlets have it, somehow. Maybe not as a fulltime channel, I don't know any details.

Yeah, that was why I asked in the first place. It seems everyone else can figure out how to show these games except for good 'ole E*.

I don't even like the Braves that much. I just like to keep up with everybody else.

unless they can market it as a RSN for just the Braves games, they can't legally sell it outside of Atlanta...remember...WPCH is a Atlanta DMA based channel

Charlie Ergen said on the last Chat that they were working on this and expected to have it worked out soon.

Now whether he is really onto something or he just misspoke again, ONLY his staff knows for sure.

nope. When they changed to WPCH they lost their Superstation status for that channel.

They didnt lose it in Canada though where most everyone carries the WPCH feed and not TBS

They lost it long before that.

Peachtree TV in the news:

Braves vs. Phils — you could watch it if you lived in Toronto
By David O'Brien | Monday, June 30, 2008, 04:01 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Toronto — OK, I’m boarding this bird in 18 minutes, so let’s see if we can get a blog done in near-record time. Please excuse its brevity.

You folks who live in states bordering Georgia and wonder why you don’t get to see Braves games on Peachtree TV, you’ll love this one. I meant to mention it a couple times this week and kept forgetting. Now I’ve remembered:

If you live in Toronto and get the Rogers cable system, which I think that most folks there do, you get Peachtree TV. Can you believe that? I checked into my hotel room, turned on the TV, looked at my channel guide and saw WTBS. Thought I’d check it out and see what was on, and low and behold, it’s Peachtree TV, not WTBS. Unbelievable.

Don’t know if that was a screwup on the part of someone at the cable company who thought they were ordering WTBS, or if there’s some outcry in Toronto for Braves games on Peachtree TV, but there it was. And those staying in the Braves’ team hotel across town said they had it on their cable system, too.

That would help explain why there were literally hundreds of fans wearing Braves jerseys and caps and other gear at the games, when they’d really have no connection in the past couple years to the Braves otherwise, right? I mean, there were little kids wearing Braves stuff. It was a little like the old days when all the games were on TBS and Skip Caray and Pete Van Wieren were as big a celebrities as the players themselves when the teams checked into hotels, fans calling out for the broadcasters’ autographs like they do for Chipper’s.

Anyway, point of the story: If you live in, say, North Carolina or Alabama and don’t get Peachtree TV, and really, really want to see the Braves games that station covers, you could always move to Toronto.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts