Peice o' junk 811...

spanky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
OK...here's the deal.
I was having problems with my 811(imagine that) it was constantly freezingup and needing reset at the receiver.
So after getting chewed out by the warden for the umpteenth time I call dish and explain the problem. They confirm that there's a problem and send me a "new" 811.
I hooked it up last week and a couple days go by.
Now I get no hd channels and no channels from 119-not even listed in the guide.
I call tech last night and the guy says that the dish needs adjusted-I ask why when the signal strength is showing 89(and it won't turn green-it stays red). I give up.
I call tonight to get a different tech.
He tells me I already have a tech scheduled to come out jan.24th.
I tell him,no I don't that is for the "upgrade that was supposed to be done in november(Whole 'nother story I'll post about it too!) and is a install,not a repair.
So he says he'll transfer me.
Now I'm talking to a customer service gal-what the heck happened to tech support?
So I explain everything all over again.
She sees that someone cancelled my hd programming and she gets it turned back on-now we're getting somewhere.
I decide at this time to check the bedroom rec.(5000).
I get all my channels here.
So I am thinking that this "new" replacement has a bug,no?
She transfers me back to tech support(I've got a few better names for it by now).
This dude diagnoses that it needs to be looked at "on the ground" and that he can schedule a repair tech to come out...the catch is he doesn't know when that would be untill I CANCEL my install work order(again,this is set up for fricken jan 24th) and I would loose the install date in the process.
I've had dish for 10 years and 3 months-so tell me, is it time for direct tv? Just wait till you see the emails I received from dishceo about my "upgrade problems" This is rediculous.
Sorry...I needed to vent.

OK...here's the deal.
I was having problems with my 811(imagine that) it was constantly freezingup and needing reset at the receiver.
So after getting chewed out by the warden for the umpteenth time I call dish and explain the problem. They confirm that there's a problem and send me a "new" 811.
I hooked it up last week and a couple days go by.
Now I get no hd channels and no channels from 119-not even listed in the guide.
I call tech last night and the guy says that the dish needs adjusted-I ask why when the signal strength is showing 89(and it won't turn green-it stays red). I give up.
I call tonight to get a different tech.
He tells me I already have a tech scheduled to come out jan.24th.
I tell him,no I don't that is for the "upgrade that was supposed to be done in november(Whole 'nother story I'll post about it too!) and is a install,not a repair.
So he says he'll transfer me.
Now I'm talking to a customer service gal-what the heck happened to tech support?
So I explain everything all over again.
She sees that someone cancelled my hd programming and she gets it turned back on-now we're getting somewhere.
I decide at this time to check the bedroom rec.(5000).
I get all my channels here.
So I am thinking that this "new" replacement has a bug,no?
She transfers me back to tech support(I've got a few better names for it by now).
This dude diagnoses that it needs to be looked at "on the ground" and that he can schedule a repair tech to come out...the catch is he doesn't know when that would be untill I CANCEL my install work order(again,this is set up for fricken jan 24th) and I would loose the install date in the process.
I've had dish for 10 years and 3 months-so tell me, is it time for direct tv? Just wait till you see the emails I received from dishceo about my "upgrade problems" This is rediculous.
Sorry...I needed to vent.

One thing of interest here, you say it will not turn green in the signal strength screen. That means something is not aligned correctly or is not detected right. Clear your switch matriz by disconnecting your cable, run check switch, then reconnect and run check switch. See what it detects and let us know.

I think that sometimes it matters the time of day that you call. Called dish on Saturday in the evening and got India and was told that I could not get my local channels mapped down on the 722.

So I called back on Monday morning and got a English (EFL) tech and he was able to get the issue resolved in about fifteen minutes. So I was only pissed off for the weekend.

With so many CSR, if the first one can't help call back until they get it right.:)

Wickedude...You are a bastard genius!
I was gonna unhook and redo everything this weekend, but after your post, I tried the cable unhook and check switch...
VIOLA!!!!!
Now why couldn't the "tech support" support me that well.
I owe you one- what's your poison?

Yeah thats basic trouble shooting JUST FYI there is three levels of tech support everytime you call you go up the levels depending on how hard it is TSR I, TSRII and TSRIII so you can go up the chain...

P.S. - If you ever get someone from India just hang up and call again and go to tech support. Unless you enjoy banging into walls with your head.

Glad to be of help!

Even most of the level 3's are still morons. They're just not as big a moron's as their lower tiered counter-parts. :D Their call center has too high of a turn over rate to retain anybody that knows what the hell they're talking about. Every once in a while you get lucky and get a knowledgeable guy. Most of the time, you're better off coming here. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts