Pentagon Channel & UofW Network & Research Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrrabbit

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
San Jose
Hi all!

New here...

So I'll describe my setup and location...then describe the issue in detail so as to avoid confusion.

[Setup and Location]

San Jose, CA 37N, 122W

Unipine Orasat 36" Ovalized Dish (T to B is actually 41")
0.4dB Standard LNBF - Skewed Clockwise about 5-10 degrees,
Ponted at Galaxy 10R using a -15.75 degree compass correction.

Viewsat 2000 Platinium Set-Top Receiver
Twinhan 102G PCI DVB-S Receiver

Signal Averages 69-70 Strength
Quality Varies from 29-72 Depending Upon the Transponder

[End Setup and Location]

[Issue Description]

Twinhan which has a 25 foot longer cable run gets the following with ease:

11805H
12035V
12114V

It picks em up, determines what channels are available - I can view/listen to them.

However, the Viewsat can see the transponders - even gets an adequate quality signal for them - but the moment it tries to scan for channels - FAILED is the message. The quality bar during scanning will actually go blue at the outset.

I've tried to find a way to enter channels manually for the transponders so as to use LYNGSATs posted settings - but the Viewsat won't let me do it. Can't seem to specify the PPID as it always offers 8192 only and nothing ever gets saved.

[End of Issue Description]

So fire away!

Thanks!

If its a standard LNBF make sure the L.O. is set to 10750

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

LO is not the issue.

As I noted the Viewsat gets everything the Twinhan gets except channels on the three transponders listed. It can see the transponders - good S/Q - but no channels.

Transponder 11720 (V) on G-10R receives plenty of interference from a transponder on an adjacent satellite (Echostar's bird at 121w). The best way to tweak a dish for G-10R is to use a strong transponder (like 12114 (V) for example) to find the signal and then use 11720 (V) to fine-tune it. Very small movements in azimuth and elevation can make a world of difference!

I'm getting the transponders - including 12114V nice and strong...

As I said before, when I start a scan on the Viewsat - the Q bar turns blue and the scan fails.

My Twinhan however has no problem scanning for channels on those transponders including 12114V.

I'm getting 11720V and its channels just fine at a Q of 29-33.

Again, the question is:

"Why is my Viewsat failing to get channels from 3 transponders that my Twinhan card CAN get?"

Viewsat is on the same dish...shorter cable run - slightly better signal and quality level.

=:cool:

Doubt it...because I've manually added on the Viewsat only those transponders that I want - did the same on the Twinhan.

I'm not trying to grab everything on G10r.

I'm kinda wondering...should I try using OSEdit via serial cable to enter the channel details manually for those three transponders?

=:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)