People with Fox in Boston, Jacksonville and Eugene should switch to a better provider

TigerWoodsLibido

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Springfield, OR
Dish refuses to negotiate and won't put back on the local NFL and college football games for the people paying for the service. Many people in Oregon have no way to watch these games in river valleys. Switch to YoutubeTV or any other provider that will give you your games and bankrupt Dish. Their policies hurt the customer. I'm willing to pay what it takes to watch these games so I'll be switching.

What a joke of a service.

The way these things work is that the station refuses to allow Dish to carry their programming, not that Dishwon't put their programs on their system. It is usually the case that they are negotiating despite what the station says and in most cases the come to an agreement just in time.

I’m glad you think you’re willing to pay more. But qualified and experienced folks calculate that they’d lose more custies with the jacked up rates. Experience with RSNs and other sports seems to bear this out.

The handful that leave will likely not even be noticed by Dish, much less be bankrupted.

Does DirecTV offer those games?

same old story with Dish......they always claim they want to keep the pricing low, but they always increase their pricing, sometimes twice a year, but the customers are just supposed to take it all in stride. For those that have no way to receive programming via antennal, I feel sorry for them. You are basically screwed. I am fortunate enough to be able to receive ota programming, but it is very tiresome with these negotiations.

same old story with Dish......they always claim they want to keep the pricing low, but they always increase their pricing, sometimes twice a year, but the customers are just supposed to take it all in stride. For those that have no way to receive programming via antennal, I feel sorry for them. You are basically screwed. I am fortunate enough to be able to receive ota programming, but it is very tiresome with these negotiations.
You do know, don't you, that every carriage contract includes annual increases. That's besides any renegotiated contracts that always contain at least some increases.

The only time I'm aware of that Dish had two increases in one year was when they moved the annual increase from January to November. And there was no January increase the following year then.

You do know, don't you, that every carriage contract includes annual increases. That's besides any renegotiated contracts that always contain at least some increases.

The only time I'm aware of that Dish had two increases in one year was when they moved the annual increase from January to November. And there was no January increase the following year then.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

This has always been the issue with Dish. I would rather have a slight increase than to do without the channel(s). I signed up with Dish to get all of my channels I pay for. These disputes go on and on and on. Like in the case of Cox, There is still no deal, so for people in Western Washington, they have no KIRO 7 CBS. Dish is selling their locals separately, then people have a choice if they want to pay a bit more to watch the channels. Let them decide. There has been so many that have left Dish over the years because of Dish's policy. As their subs drops, the carriers will be more reluctant to make a deal, as they have less to lose.If I was Dish or any satellite or cable service, I would be doing everything to keep us happy. There are way more sources to get programming today than there was 10 years ago.

Dish refuses to negotiate and won't put back on the local NFL and college football games for the people paying for the service. Many people in Oregon have no way to watch these games in river valleys. Switch to YoutubeTV or any other provider that will give you your games and bankrupt Dish. Their policies hurt the customer. I'm willing to pay what it takes to watch these games so I'll be switching.

What a joke of a service.
Man, that's a whole lotta wrong

Name 1 service, any service, any industry that doesn't raise rates periodically.
I'll wait.
Meanwhile, let's compare Dish increases to DTV, Comcast, Spectrum, Mediacom, etc

Not banned, just on vacation for a month or so. He's been there before and I think a third strike may become that full ban.
Wishful thinking, eh.

Someone get him a rubber stamp so he will not have to exert himself so much with typing the same thing over and over again in four or five post at a time.

Wishful thinking, eh.

Someone get him a rubber stamp so he will not have to exert himself so much with typing the same thing over and over again in four or five post at a time.
I don't think it's wishful thinking at all. In one if the other threads our troll hit a moderater mentioned the vacation and said if it continues other measures are on the table.

Name 1 service, any service, any industry that doesn't raise rates periodically.
I'll wait.
Meanwhile, let's compare Dish increases to DTV, Comcast, Spectrum, Mediacom, etc
In addition, name any cable or satellite service that allows the customer to not pay for locals, PTAT, AutoHop commercials, add or drop mini-packs at anytime at a prorated price with the Flex Pack.

In order to provide these options, serious negotiatons had to occur and continuously occur with content owners.

Remember, disputes are not always just based on price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts