Phoenix Coyotes change their logo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

2004 NL MVP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
I'm not thrilled. They went from a great Soutwest Logo to a crappy logo and color where you can't tell where they are from.

coyotes1.jpg
coyotes2.gif

The uni is now red. I guess they were tired of all the red jerseys when Detroit came to town. :rolleyes:

I cacually heard that they did this because no one in the northeast way buying their jerseys. I have news for them, they still won't.

revisedPlayers2.jpg

I much preferred the original jersey myself. I think Wayne Gretzky errored too much on the side of extreme conservatism with the generic stripes and understated college hockey-esque look to it. Looks like they took some serious styling cues from Boston University, Boston College, Harvard, etc... Very plain and ordinary as opposed to the older look with more of an edge to it and a better feel overall in capturing the spirit of the southwest and AZ.

The old logo had lots of Copper in it because that is one of the 5 "C's" of Arizona. Cattle, copper, climate, cotton and citrus. Downtown Phoenix is called Copper Square. I always liked the green jerseys.

phoenix_third.gif

James said:
The old logo had lots of Copper in it because that is one of the 5 "C's" of Arizona. Cattle, copper, climate, cotton and citrus. Downtown Phoenix is called Copper Square. I always liked the green jerseys.

phoenix_third.gif

Yes. I used to think of Frank Lloyd Wright and his abilities to design homes and buildings in AZ which wouldn't detract from the natural beauty inherent in its surrounding environment when looking at their former jerseys for some reason. Plenty of expressive southwestern artistic value in the former logo and color scheme. Now I look at the new design and think Hockey East Beanpot thoughts. A buddy of mine on another forum made the comment that the new logo closely resembles the SJ Sharks head only Coyotes-a-cized.

I like em a lot. Jerseys are impossible to make people universally satsified with. I like that they aren't too over the top. They look a lot better on the players than isolated.

These new jerseys sure has a classic look to them, but is it just me or don't they look almost identical to the classic Soviet CCCP jerseys of the 70s and 80s?

russian5.jpg

John the photo is just too scarey. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.