Phone Number

J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
If I have Dish installed up at my vacation home, can I use my home phone number on the app or will it throw a flag due to a different area code than the install state/address? (we are 50 miles from the vacation home and just over into another state) I would like to be able to take the 322 home w/me and have it plugged into the phone at my home on the off season to aviod the $5 fee. (the install at my vacation home would give me the locals I would like to have which are not available at my primary home address).

Thanks for any info.
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
306
54
Mankato, MN
not necessarily

If he has one receiver and transports it to another house, that’s OK

But if he has a receiver permanently at the vacation house along with others at his main house, then it’s an issue.

Give them both numbers and you should be OK
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
We would only be at one place at a time. I am just worried that if I don't get a 322 with the initial install, I will be SOL if I want it at a future time. I really don't want to pay the extra $5 for not having it plugged in (I know it sounds funny... if I can afford two places why can't I pay the extra $36 a month). I am just worried that they will freak out with two phone numbers each having a different state area code.

p.s. Love the forum... been surfing for a couple of weeks and couldn't resist being a member.
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
306
54
Mankato, MN
we're glad you're here :)

If all you have the 322, there shouldn't be any issue. What about the people who are snowbirds? They have 2 numbers on the account.
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
Good point... I will give that a try.

By the way, how is Minnesota weather right now? Was a Minnesota man for most of my life....until the west called.
 
thiggin2

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
1,632
5
TampaBay Florida
Also what about people with VOIP, they might have a number in a different area code then where there home is. My number is for an area 35 mile away from my home and I have had no problem with Dish.
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
Just call me anal..... the wife thinks of me as Monk.
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
A nice layer of ice on the roads and the wonderful first outing for people who forgot just how to drive on ice..... Winters out west are really nice compared to back in Minnesota, but the drivers are worse on snow and ice out here in my view...
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
306
54
Mankato, MN
jhsmusicman said:
Good point... I will give that a try.

By the way, how is Minnesota weather right now? Was a Minnesota man for most of my life....until the west called.

been HOT most of the summer

today its raining :)
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
I miss the nice freeze in the mouth and nose too on those -20 days :)
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
306
54
Mankato, MN
jhsmusicman said:
I miss the nice freeze in the mouth and nose too on those -20 days :)

nah...doesn't kick in until its -30 :)

but the windchill isnt as bad anymore......damn weather people COLD IS COLD :D
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
Wait a few years and then get back to me about -20 (I used to think the same way)
 
bcshields

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
1,458
0
Delaware
jhsmusicman said:
We would only be at one place at a time. I am just worried that if I don't get a 322 with the initial install, I will be SOL if I want it at a future time. I really don't want to pay the extra $5 for not having it plugged in (I know it sounds funny... if I can afford two places why can't I pay the extra $36 a month). I am just worried that they will freak out with two phone numbers each having a different state area code.

p.s. Love the forum... been surfing for a couple of weeks and couldn't resist being a member.

I've seen people with million dollar Chesapeake Bay waterfront houses cancel because of an extra $5 fee. Don't worry about it.
 
J

jhsmusicman

Thread Starter
Member
Aug 17, 2005
9
0
Thanks for the support... This was the only hangup I had that was keeping me from dumping cable.

Once again, great forum!
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
4
Views
867
Darrell S
Darrell S
Greysquirrel
Replies
1
Views
767
MaryB@SlingTV
M
D
Replies
13
Views
2K
Jared Twomey
J
Neutron
Replies
6
Views
4K
Van
tigerfan33
Replies
6
Views
7K
Zero327
Zero327
Top