Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was sitting here watching HD News on my 942 when all of a sudden I lost it and a screen popped up telling me that was a subscription channel and I am not subscribed and to channel up and down.

I now look in my guide and the only VOOM Channels I see in my guide are

9471 EQUTR
9472 GLLRY
9474 ANIMA
9476 RUSH
9480 Majestic

Has anyone else lost any VOOM channels?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I am also hooked up to 129 and the channels I am missing are also on 129?

Hmm, maybe the 942 is somehow picking up those channels from the 129 and not 61.5

And since you're only authorized to the ones at 61.5 you get the message on 129.

Also since they updated software to only show channels once in the guide, the 61.5 channels aren't there

The strange thing is the channels are not even listed in my guide even after a check Dish. I may have to go outside and unhjook the 129 line from my DPP44 switch.

scott it is 129 that is causing the problem. I still had 129 in my switch matrix as i too lost 5 voom channels. I did a check switch without 129 and it brought them back in. I know with the 148 and 61.5 duplicate channels it would show 2 channles of same content on diffrent channels or the same channel would show up twice in the epg. why would voom be diffrenent? Im going to hook up my 129 again and see if anything is diffrent over there that subs can see.

EDIT:
Ok scott i just re hooked up 129 and im now seeing tps 9,10,13,15,16,17 in my signal streinght menu. All voom channels are still there.. weird.. maybe our recivers had a fart from 129 or dish was doing something to kick us off the bird..

Oh btw if you wanna check out the super 1000 dish sence you in chicago your more than welcome too. I live in the south subs.. maybe we can have a satguys party in chicago for all chicago area satguys

Dish1000

I got a Dish1000 hooked up yesterday, the voom channels are working fine on my 811. I wonder if it has something to do with the receiver.

I have everything hooked up different than ya'll do. I took the Dish Pro Plus twin off the Dish1000 and put a regular Dish Pro Twin in its place. I left the Dp Dual as it was. I ran the three lines from the Dish1000 to the three inputs of the DP34. I then used a Dp21 to hook the 61.5 dish and the DP34 together. I doubt that would have anything to do with it though.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was sitting here watching HD News on my 942 when all of a sudden I lost it and a screen popped up telling me that was a subscription channel and I am not subscribed and to channel up and down.

I now look in my guide and the only VOOM Channels I see in my guide are

9471 EQUTR
9472 GLLRY
9474 ANIMA
9476 RUSH
9480 Majestic

Has anyone else lost any VOOM channels?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I am also hooked up to 129 and the channels I am missing are also on 129?

Do not understand this problem. I do understand that Voom's channels are being broadcast by DN on the satellite parked at 61.5W, but I see nothing on Lyngsat or SatCoDX reflecting a DN satellite parked at 129W. Did DN move one of their satellites to 129W??? If so, which one?

Just curious.

greyskies in sunny South Florida

Dont know but its kind of agrivating.

Maybe they are trying to get even with us for even trying to get 129 before its ready.

This company is really stupid like this sometimes, they really should be turning to us who like to tinker to give them feedback and help them offer a better product.

Let's hope this gets fixed in the next few days.

Are you part of the beta group for this?

If you aren't, then (quite frankly) you don't have a valid complaint. If it works, that's cool but if it doesn't and you're trying it anyway without the appropriate software and it doesn't work that's the way it goes.

It's not that I'm unsympathetic, it's that I deal with beta programs fairly regularly and have been on all sides of this.

Cheers,

John Kotches said:
Scott claims that he was sent the D1000 - so I am suprised that his first call wasn't to the insiders at E* that sent him the beast. Unless the source of the D1000 was just a retailer friend.

This is one of the challenges of being a "mad scientist" and doing things that E* does not support. This thread serves as a good warning that one should do their playing on receivers that they don't mind seeing odd things happen on.

JL

John Kotches said:

If you aren't, then (quite frankly) you don't have a valid complaint. If it works, that's cool but if it doesn't and you're trying it anyway without the appropriate software and it doesn't work that's the way it goes.

It's not that I'm unsympathetic, it's that I deal with beta programs fairly regularly and have been on all sides of this.

Cheers,
justalurker said:
Scott claims that he was sent the D1000 - so I am suprised that his first call wasn't to the insiders at E* that sent him the beast. Unless the source of the D1000 was just a retailer friend.

This is one of the challenges of being a "mad scientist" and doing things that E* does not support. This thread serves as a good warning that one should do their playing on receivers that they don't mind seeing odd things happen on.

JL

Personally im canning echostar untill mpg4 comes around so Im one of those who DOESNT MIND! If i am apart of the beta group or not is none of your concern. If i am I am, If im not well then im not. If i am Im certantly not going to post it to the whole wide world and risk being sued for violating a Non disclosure agreement, so you can sleep better tonight. Scott and I are just posting some things we are finding. like justalurker said it comes with the teritory and what he said was well said. well cubs game is on so seeya later folks.

JAL:

Unless Scott is part of the beta community then he's in what we refer to at my employer as "Unsupported land" . Whatever happens, happens. If it breaks, life is tough but they (E* in this case) are under no obligation to fix the issue since he's in a currently unsupported configuration.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)